Desktop engineer/Technical Support Specialist
Desk top Engineer with law firm experience
Technical Support Specialist
About Our Client
The oldest Delaware law firm and one of the ten oldest continuously-practicing law firms in the United States
- Plan and conduct technical design and installation of desktop software applications and related integrations and customizations to ensure proper operation in a base-line model.
- Proactively provision and manage windows desktops utilizing Desktop Authority, Group Policy and other scripting tools.
- Identify and define hardware and software issues at both server and desktop levels; recommend and implement solutions using discretion and independent judgement.
- Responsible for coordinating Firm-wide installation, updating, repair, support and maintenance activities for desktop PCs and laptops according to the standards of the Firm's Information Services Department.
- Keep desktop applications patched and updated to ensure efficient and current operations.
- Research and recommend enhancements or upgrades for hardware, software and security solutions as appropriate.
- Support solutions for secure, effective and reliable remote access connectivity.
- Assist in the creation and updating of firm policies and other documentation related to firm technology.
- Document Disaster Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives. Participate in testing recovery environment and related recover point and time objectives.
- Partner with consultants on significant IT projects and firm initiatives as appropriate.
- Be professional, organized, and flexible; ability to work in a fast-paced, high-demand environment.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent command of Group Policy management, the windows registry, and the installation, storage, and removal of applications/programs via MSI.
- Experience with iManage administration server administration including: WorkSite server, Communications server, IDOL server and mobility servers.
- Experience configuring, packaging and deploying and supporting the iManage WorkSite client.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment over significant IT department matters as they related to desktop operations.
- Aptitude for planning, organizing and managing projects, with a particularly adept set of prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with and train attorneys and support staff. Has working command of the industry language and the ability to translate that language to end users.
- Have interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with attorneys, staff, clients and vendors.
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop design, customization, implementation and support.
- Oversight of troubleshooting and maintenance of firm software.
- Access the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment.
- Identify and define software problems; recommend and implement solutions using discretion and independent judgement.
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with time constraints and interruptions, with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions while working with complex technical manuals.
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of all Firm owned application software.
- Timely preparation of documentation in a detailed professional electronic format. This documentation must be able to guide other individuals in completing or duplicating procedures undertaken within a project.
- Experience with networking and core Microsoft server products such as Active Directory, SQL, Exchange and IIS is a plus.
Qualifications / Education:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Technical certifications a plus. Experience in a law firm environment along with any of the following technologies is desired.
- iManage Work Document Management System
- Aderant Expert Financial System
- Desktop Authority / Script Logic /GPO
- Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Ghost Imaging or similar deployment tools
- Apple and MAC
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary