- Digital Labelling Lead
- Textiles, digital labelling, government affairs, regulatory compliance
About Our Client
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labelling and functional materials. The company's products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 35,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
About the role:
Responsible for actively engaging within and across apparel industry trade groups to influence focus on legislative changes that will enable digital compliance labelling on apparel at a global level. Use industry insights to identify opportunities or challenges that would directly impact our product solutions. You will provide strategic leadership to Avery's RBIS business on evolving government legislator relating to digital compliance labelling as well as extended producer responsibilities that affect digital labelling. This role will work closely with our product line management, commercial and operations teams.
- Partner with Government Affairs to establish and implement strategy to positively
impact legislation within the area of digital labelling that includes: compliance labelling requirements, circularity, and Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR).
- Lead and participate in industry workgroups, and connect with industry leading experts to establish joint approaches to demonstrate use cases and application of digital labelling
- Partner with PLM teams to establish a digital labelling strategy that capitalizes on
changes in policy and legislation. Bring a commercial mindset to the team to help
identify revenue opportunities.
- Drive the establishment of technical digital labelling standards definition
- Identify digital labelling pilots for Avery Dennison and ecosystem partners
- Maintain awareness of advances in technology and competitive intellectual property relating to digital labelling.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- 8+ years working in the Consumer Goods industry with exposure to either government affairs, sustainability or regulatory compliance (strong preference given to experience in Apparel Industry)
- Self-starter, takes initiative, and has entrepreneurial spirit that is able to work independently and collaboratively as a remote employee
- Excellent organizational and people skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner
- Good project management skills
- Strong team player with proven ability to work effectively and build relationships within ternal colleagues across global offices as well as with outside partners.
- Strong influencing skills
- Digital understanding and vocabulary
What's on Offer
Role to can be based in London, Europe or East Coast USA
Highly competitive package.