Board Member Digital NED
Large Digital Transformation
About Our Client
Kent County Council and Local Authority Trading Company, which was established in 2019 to bring Kent County Council and Local Authority Trading Company's together, is a wide-ranging business with services from energy trading, business solutions, facilities maintenance, outsourcing, a legal firm specialising in safeguarding and immigration to fixing fire engines and cutting the grass on highways. In total, the Group employs over 1500 people and generates over £150m in direct revenue whilst supporting over £600 million of activity.
Non Executive group Board Member - Digital
- Consider emerging opportunities relating to information and digital technology to shape all operations related strategies and service standards
- Consider proposals relating to the Technology Strategy
- Understand and scrutinise the Group's approach to the development of digital services
- Understand and scrutinise the Group's approach to data-driven approach to customer experience and service delivery, including and learning from performance results and interactions.
- Consider the digital technology transformation of the Group
- Understand from a board perspective the integrity and data security for the Group
- Develop the right relationship with executives
- As part of the Board, set the strategic direction of the Group, in partnership with all Group members, including ambition and values
- Annually approve the Group's Corporate Plan and Group members' Business and Strategic Plans.
- Represent Kent HoldCo as necessary to key external stakeholders.
- Consider the business case for admitting new partners into the Group and consult with existing members on the prospects of doing so.
- Ensure that the customer voice is effectively heard at a strategic level.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Group's performance in relation to approved plans, budgets, treasury strategy, controls and decisions, and determine/approve actions to redress issues identified.
- Agree policies and make decisions on matters that might create significant financial, operational and reputational risk to Kent HoldCo, ensuring effective systems of control and delegation.
- To uphold the principles of good governance at all times in line with the organisations code of Governance and Group's Code of Conduct.
- Define and ensure compliance with the Group's ambitions, values and objectives.
- Approve the Group's annual budgets and accounts prior to publication.
- Ensure that the Group's affairs are conducted lawfully and in accordance with general standards of performance and propriety.
- Ensuring key landlord compliance is monitored and implemented effectively.
The Successful Applicant
Senior experience in an organisation of scale and complexity.
Significant experience of information and technology experience in a customer facing organisation
Significant experience of overseeing and delivering digital transformation projects in a large organisation
Experience of being part of a non-executive Board, dealing with governance considerations, ensuring high performance and good decision-making
Experience of implementing and monitoring digital customer services.
Experience of using data driven approaches to improving service delivery to customers
Exposure to a regulated sector
Professionally-gained appreciation of the benefits of a commercial approach, alongside the necessity for first class service.
An excellent working knowledge of Information and Technology strategies.
Ability to think differently and challenge the norm
Be an advocate of change and promote this to colleagues
Professionally represent the Group at external events
Creative and entrepreneurial
What's on Offer