Director of Accounting and Reporting
Excellent opportunity for an aspiring Finance Director to work within housing
Joining a business that is going through a period of change and transformation
About Our Client
One of the country's most progressive landlords is entering an exciting period in its evolution. Platform Housing Group has the strong financial metrics required to deliver significant growth and provide market leading service to its customers.
The Group manages over 45,000 homes across the Midlands, with a portfolio that includes social and affordable rent and shared ownership houses.
The group has G1 governance and V1 financial viability ratings from the Regulator of Social Housing and is currently the largest housing association builder of affordable homes in England, completing 1,448 new homes in 2019/20.
Platform has raised new finance this year via a bond, achieving the lowest interest rate in the sector and have also arranged an EMTN programme.
This is an opportunity to join an ambitious organisation who have a relatively new Executive and Finance Team following a merger. Their strategic plan gives life to their mission of building a better future for their customers by investing in affordable homes, services and communities.
West Midlands (office based 2 days per week, remote working encouraged)
Reporting to the Deputy CFO, you will develop, lead, and manage the Capital and Financial Reporting function for the business, the regulators, and investors.
Your key duties will include:
- Providing strategic direction to the Group in regard to Capital and Financial Accounting, producing reports that allow the Board to manage risk and long-term capacity.
- Producing the annual statutory accounts for the Group including the Group consolidation working with the communications team to present results externally.
- Overseeing the production of the annual financial statements, managing the audit process, and building a relationship with the external auditors.
- Provide short- and long-term reporting and analysis, including regular statutory and compliance reports, to the organisations key external stakeholders including: the housing regulator, auditors, and investors.
- Providing effective leadership, being performance focused and empowering your team to deliver
The Successful Applicant
You must be a fully qualified accountant with strong communication and leadership skills. The ideal candidate will have worked in social housing or other relevant industries, with experience managing diverse teams. You will have ideally led several successful year end processes and developed or been part of developing robust relationships with your auditors.
This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to broaden their experience, in an organisation that has a clear vision and route to achieve its goals. With the financial capability and the ambition to experience significant growth in the coming years.
What's on Offer
Salary up to £92,632 plus benefits
Closing date - 2nd December 2020