Director of Accounting - Europe
International role with regional responsibility based in Milan
Wide international management scope of processes and resources
About Our Client
Our client is an American listed multinational corporation with global presence and a modern organisation with functional headquarters based in different locations (U.S, UK, Europe).
- He/She will provide technical US GAAP and IFRS accounting leadership and guidance, administrative and budget support, general personnel development of all accounting teams in the region (significant team of internationally diverse and sparsely located resources to be managed remotely and through frequent travel), mentoring and assistance to all regional offices.
- Assist in the development of a regional shared service function and contribute substantially to the integration of our global accounting function.
- Develop and continuously improve the financial reporting systems to ensure accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness of financial reporting information.
- Develop and implement cost savings strategies.
- Manage mentors and develops senior accounting leaders.
- Ensure compliance with all Corporate Accounting and SOX requirements, including the maintenance of a controlled accounting and compliance environment.
- Assist in the implementation of various tax planning strategies from time to time.
- Act as a strong business partner with the senior executive and operations management teams.
- Play a pivotal role in the continuous improvement of all global accounting systems, policies, process and controls, including the education and development of regional talent
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Accountancy and a certified CA/ACCA
- Big 4 public accounting and/or consulting experience (a plus)
- At least 10 years of financial accounting experience in a large MNC with regional or multi-office oversight
- Experience establishing shared service centres and streamlining processes and control (a plus)
- Strong in-depth knowledge in US GAAP (a MUST HAVE requirement) and IFRS and good working knowledge in tax reporting, financial controls and financial analysis
- Proven track record in leading a regional accounting team
- Ability to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting processes and controls
- Fluent in English and Italian required
What's on Offer
Reporting to the global functional headquarters in the U.S., the role will be located in Milan, Italy and will be responsible for the regional oversight of all accounting functions in the European region.
The person in the role will be overseeing the accounting, financial reporting and shared services for the region, in ultimate support of the business.