Director of Application Delivery - Europe
Rapidly growing and progressive global consumer services business
Delivery of large scale technology solutions
About Our Client
A global provider and market leader of consumer services.
- Develop and implement short-term and strategic initiatives to support business objectives and implementation of IT Strategic objectives. Direct and manage multiple solution delivery groups to ensure business objectives are understood and achieved.
- Providing leadership for the management of Distributed and Open Source applications.
- Provide technical consulting to internal and external customers to achieve business objectives related to technology solutions.
- Manage onshore and offshore Software vendors and related contract negotiations.
- Ensure governance and compliance of systems development methodology and deliverable.
- Promote a high engagement culture marked by high creativity, accountability and ownership for results.
- Responsibility for providing project management resources as per business priorities and demand for change across EU.
- Making sure solution architecture and system analysts understand enterprise strategy and enterprise target solutions to drive solution governance under development phase.
- To manage relationship with 3rd party suppliers and partners connecting to end-to-end delivery of solutions.
- Responsibility of managing technology applications delivery portfolio.
- To manage priorities and resource demand & capacity allocations for technology fixes and improvements as continuous learning.
- Responsibility for providing Development services and to provide Developer resources as per business priorities and demand for change across EU.
- Responsible for £15M+ budget per annum.
- Lead a team of c100 employees across UK and Europe.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Director of Application Delivery - Europe will have a successful blue chip track record of delivering technology solutions within a large global matrix driven organisation and will fully embrance change. You will be comfortable working in a fast paced, growing and evolving organisation that is customer centric. You will be a highly effective people leader and be experienced of working in a business partner environment with effective communication and stakeholder engagement skills from board to junior level.
You will have a proven track record of delivery experience, IT lifecycle management and possibly with ITIL certification and work experience. It is likely the successful candidate will have developed an extensive track record of working for IT in Finance, Insurance, and Mobile/Telecom industries managing teams across business analysis, project/programme management, development, support, QA/tets and architecture. You will be also be able to engage and agree expectations around InfoSec/Regulatory/Compliance/Audit areas.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic and package.