Director of Business Development
Opportunity to work for one of NYC leading general contractor
This person will run all business development for the company
About Our Client
Leading New York City construction and project management firm.
- Responsible to develop new business by obtaining qualified RFPs from Interiors, Healthcare, Educational, New Buildings Market (Commercial, Residential and Hospitality), and related new clients by vetting leads, gathering intelligence and being ahead of the market.
- Responsible to maintain existing client relationships and stay in front of them to obtain qualified RFPs.
- Responsible to develop relationships with Architects, owner reps, engineers and other design, real estate or related areas providing viable leads for new clients and qualified RFPs.
- Responsible to cultivate and maintain information exchange with Architects, owner reps, engineers and other design, real estate or related areas to enhance garnering qualified RFPs.
- Generate monthly/weekly plan to indicate which leads, new clients, existing clients are being developed in that time period.
- Maintain database of existing clients, potential new clients, new relationships, architects, engineers, owner's rep to use for strategy and planning.
- Suggest industry events, conventions, networking events, etc. that will yield new client/relationship leads.
- Generate strategies to leverage our in-house talent and previous experiences to mine potential opportunities and new clients.
- Responsible to stay abreast of new CWC projects and active projects, the bid and proposal process, and garner knowledge of construction means and methods to develop talking points and marketing material.
- Responsible to stay abreast of projects throughout our geographical area and market sectors to generate and exchange intelligence with BD contacts to generate new leads and opportunities.
- Monitor and report on competitors BD focus and successful awards.
- Report potential RFP opportunities on a weekly basis.
- Gather RFP intelligence to increase probability of obtaining a bid award.
- Identify organizations that CWC should participate and join in order to create new client relationships.
- Assist formulating approaches to integrate marketing and BD efforts providing potential clients a cohesive message and offering.
- Utilize/update social media, i.e. Twitter to spotlight CW's accomplishments.
- Liaise with PR firm.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- 10+ years minimum business development experience (new construction and interiors) in New York.
- Previous working knowledge of Construction Management General Contracting, Architecture and Engineering Business.
- Demonstrated business development skills and experience.
- Strong contacts with owners, developers, and design firms who have operations in New York City.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with decrestionary bonus.