Director of Clinical Operations - Community Healthcare Services
Executive Director and board member of CityCare; Community Healthcare Services
Responsible for delivery of all clinical services across CityCare
About Our Client
A Care Quality Commission "outstanding" rated provider of NHS Community Health Services; Nottingham CityCare exists to support the health and wellbeing of all local people across Nottingham City, Nottinghamshire county and other areas, working alongside other health and care partners to achieve this. Their vision is about more than providing healthcare, it's about investing in the future of local communities and helping people to take care of themselves.
CityCare are a values driven, people led organisation with a passion for excellence and social purpose. Core values of integrity, expertise, unity and enterprise lie at the heart of everything they do, guiding how they work together with partners and each other to consistently deliver high quality compassionate care. As a social enterprise they aim to add social value by investing in the future of local communities in Nottingham and helping to make a difference in people's lives.
Nottingham CityCare has a turnover of approximately £52m and currently employs 1,224 staff (923 FTE)
The Director of Clinical Operations is accountable for the operational delivery of the clinical services across CityCare and ensuring that the organisations core deliverables, key performance measures and standards are achieved and that income and expenditure are managed to plan, whilst ensuring all resources are optimised.
- As an Executive Director of the CityCare Board, you will have shared corporate responsibility for the achievement and success of CityCare, taking corporate responsibility for strategies that ensure high quality service delivery, financial plans, performance and organisational reputation.
- Influence and drive Board level review, development and implementation of the CityCare's business model to achieve the corporate and strategic objectives working closely with the Director of Business and Marketing
- Strategically work across sectors to support the wider health and care community driving service transformation, integration and partnership working to achieve optimum outcomes for our patient population.
- To lead, motivate and inspire our people through demonstrating our values in all aspects of the role.
- Act as the Executive Director lead for the Small Steps Big Changes Programme (Big Lottery Funded grant hosted by CityCare, Adult Clinical Directorate and Children Clinical Directorate (around 900 total staff)
A more detailed job description can be reviewed upon successful application.
The Successful Applicant
The Director of Clinical Operations must demonstrate a wide range of skills and attributes. Essential experience includes:
- Substantial and relevant senior management experience in an operational role within a healthcare organisation with proven high-level leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of national NHS targets and quality standards, ideally with experience of developing and implementing new models of service delivery by partnering with senior representatives in Primary Care, Social Services and Voluntary agencies.
- Demonstrable achievements in improving patient care, meeting targets and managing within budgets.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and application of CityCare's values, vision and behaviours, including the "6C's". The 6 values and behaviours are at the heart of all that Nottingham CityCare Partnership do.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent management experience and evidence of continuous professional development. A Masters or Postgraduate Qualification would be advantageous.
As this is a senior level position, applicants must be within a commutable distance to the CityCare offices in Nottingham and have a full driving licence with the ability to travel between locations.
What's on Offer
To be discussed upon successful application.