Director of Compensation & Benefits
Global manufacturing organization
Rapidly expanding organization
About Our Client
Global, industry leading manufacturing organization
You will be responsible for ensuring all reward programs - including the underlying processes, enabling technologies and communications - are competitive, sustainable, scalable, and have an impact on the long and short-term success of the organization. This role is a key member of the Global Rewards as well as the North American HR, Leadership Teams.
- Partners with the North American HR Leadership Team and business leaders to establish the strategic Reward priorities for the region to support the region's business and people strategies.
- Influences and contributes to the Global Reward strategy (including Philosophy, global program design, and incentive plans), leading out on specific global initiatives and projects as needed from time to time
- Analyzes current rewards programs to ensure they align with our business strategy and ensures that our rewards programs optimize our ability to attract top talent.
- Provides strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, administration, and communication of our Rewards programs including health, welfare, wellness, retirement, base pay, incentives, and other rewards and perquisites.
- Drive and oversee performance management and compensation programs across North America, including annual performance management, merit process, pay ranges, open enrollment, variable pay programs and sales incentive plans. Develop budget guidelines and recommend changes to achieve internal equity and market competitiveness.
- Leads Mergers and Acquisitions due diligence as it relates to employee compensation and benefits programs; Following the acquisition/merger, leads the integration of benefits plans into the North American portfolio.
- Creates and directs metrics for the measurement on cost-containment and cost-effectiveness of the total benefit package for monies funded and utilized; directs and manages the vendors in seeking varied funding methods to stabilize benefit costs to keep at or below trend.
- Execute the regional reward governance model; establish a regular cadence and agenda for the Regional Remuneration Committee meetings, ensuring compliance with the global governance protocols. Be the guardian of job leveling and titling policies.
- Partners with the offshore and onshore Global Business Services teams to ensure efficient administration of all transactional Reward activities.
- Ensures compliance with, and maintains current knowledge of related government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security act (ERISA), FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ACA and other applicable Labor and/or Tax laws and regulations; fulfills compliance and reporting requirements.
- Provides supervision and training of direct reports.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- SPHR or CEBS Certification desirable.
- Minimum of 8-10 years in compensation and benefits and related experience in the USA.
- A minimum of 8-10 years designing and implementing Rewards Programs (Compensation, Benefits).
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Experience with non-qualified retirement plans is required. Previous experience in stock programs preferred.
- Experience with job evaluation/sizing methodologies
- Experience developing and/or managing executive compensation plans strongly preferred.
- High Level knowledge of HRIS/payroll systems. SAP preferred.
- High degree of proficiency of Microsoft applications; such as Microsoft Excel.
- Project management experience required; Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks; to work independently simultaneously on multiple projects; according to time lines.
What's on Offer
Excellent compensation package