Director of Compliance - Digital - Boston, MA
Director level position within exciting and rapidly growing startup
Based in Boston's Financial District/Downtown
About Our Client
My client is an entrepreneurial, real time, online marketing platform, still in the early stages of their business life-cycle. Their management team retains over 90% of the ownership structure and the firm is still in high growth mode. In line with this growth, they are in search of a Director of Compliance for their Boston location.
The main purpose of the Director of Compliance will be to ensure the compliance with all laws and regulations that affect the firm, its customers and their consumers, providing both support for training to the critical business processes including Sales, Engineering and Support processes.
We are specifically looking for compliance skills as relates to consumer privacy and data privacy regulation compliance; GDPR, CCPA, etc. We would be particularly interested in candidates with the CIPP certification or similar. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensuring that the business has required policies, procedures and systems in place to comply with all federal and state regulations and laws.
- Develop a program of education and training for employees
- Serve as point on customer requests including RFPs, security surveys and requests relating to Privacy Policies, and regulatory actions.
- Rolling out compliance policies and educational material to improve how the firm complies with the laws and regulations affecting data security, consumer privacy and consumer rights.
- Maintaining compliance around SOC 2 and SOx
- Helping to close deals via negotiations with customers from a compliance perspective, and creating a manual of answers for sales engineering to utilize
- Working in Partnership with the Director of Information Security to achieve all regulatory requirements for security and/or data privacy.
- This role is a hybrid between compliance, HR, legal
Apply today using the link provided.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree (essential)
- Compliance experience as it relates to consumer privacy and data privacy regulation compliance; GDPR, CCPA, etc. (essential)
- CIPP certification or similar (ideal)
- Experience of working with privacy and data security (ideal)
- Experience of implementing compliance policies and educational material (ideal)
- Experience of developing new training programs (ideal)
- Appetite to work in a "startup" environment (essential)
What's on Offer
- $130,000 to $150,000 base salary (negotiable, depepdant upon successful candidate)
- Competitive paid time off
- Competitive benefits package
- Boston Downtown working location
- Close-knit, highly competent, collaborating, team environment with incredibly low staff turnover and high staff retention.