- A role with direct, global impact on the success of a growth company
- Do you enjoy managing a culturally diverse, global team?
About Our Client
The Business Unit Warehousing of our client is globally active in designing, selling, building and servicing solutions for an array of clients in food, retail, e-Commerce and parcel distribution. With a global scope and a challenging environment, solid business control is key to maintaining sustainable, profitable growth.
You will enjoy being in a position to directly impact the business with the implementation of the Business Unit strategy. In the role of Director Controlling Business Unit Warehousing Parcel, your focus will be on the following four areas:
- Be the senior sparring partner of the Business Unit Leadership Team
- Drive and support the implementation of the Business Unit strategy
- Prepare Long Term Plan and yearly budget of Business Unit Warehousing based on the Strategic initiatives of Business Unit Warehousing Parcel derived from Company strategy.
- Drive and instil a culture of Performance Management through must wins, (strategic) initiatives, risk management & mitigation
- Define, implement and monitor (financial) KPI's to measure the performance of Business Unit Warehousing Parcel, including the implementation of the Business Unit strategy
- Organize, prepare and execute business review meetings to discuss operational and financial performance of Customer Centre managers, Operations management and Business Controllers
- Identify business improvements, short-term and long-term, based on thorough analysis. Propose and support potential solutions.
Involvement in sales cycles
- Safeguard that selected opportunities, proposed concept and solutions are in line with the Business Unit Strategy
- Participate in customer discussions and negotiations
- Provide guidance and advise relating to financial, contractual and tax risks & opportunities
- Harmonize and optimize project pricing and commercial terms and conditions, within corporate guidelines.
- Manage, coach and develop 8 direct reports, located in and outside the Netherlands
- Member of the Self Regulating Team (SRT) of the four Business Unit Controllers, responsible for BU Control and the development of business controllers worldwide
- Member of the Financial Leadership Team (FLT) responsible for the development of the worldwide finance function
The Successful Applicant
As an experienced Director Controlling Business Unit Warehousing Parcel, you have (a) strong:
- Strategic mindset, able to contribute to strategy definition and to translate high level strategy into practical implementation
- Entrepreneurial drive to explore and materialize business opportunities
- Stakeholder management skills, able to engage all levels of the business
- Change management skills, understanding the principles and actions underpinning successful implementation of change
- Analytical skills, able to collect and analyze information, problem-solve and make decisions
- Managements skills, able to manage a team over different locations, keeping them aligned and engaged
You should have:
- A Master's degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in an international operating company, preferably in a business-to-business and a project-oriented environment
- Managerial experience, ideally with an international team
- Experience in a (technical) project organization
What's on Offer
- A highly qualified leadership position
- A senior compensation package, in line with the benchmark
- A well-established international organization with wide development opportunities