Director of Corporate Finance
Exciting opportunity for a Director of Corporate Finance in housing
Growing organisation with excellent finance metrics looking for Corporate roles
About Our Client
One of the country's most progressive landlords is entering an exciting period in its evolution. Platform Housing Group has the strong financial metrics required to deliver significant growth and provide market leading service to its customers.
The Group manages over 45,000 homes across the Midlands, with a portfolio that includes social and affordable rent and shared ownership houses.
The group has G1 governance and V1 financial viability ratings from the Regulator of Social Housing and is currently the largest housing association builder of affordable homes in England, completing 1,448 new homes in 2019/20.
Platform has raised new finance this year via a bond, achieving the lowest interest rate in the sector and has set up an EMTN programme with which the new incumbent of this role will issue the first debt soon after joining.
This is an opportunity to join an ambitious organisation who have a relatively new Executive and Finance Team following a merger. Their strategic plan gives life to their mission of building a better future for their customers by investing in affordable homes, services and communities.
West Midlands (office based 2 days per week, remote working encouraged)
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will take responsibility for the long-term business plan, managing the treasury and funding requirements, supporting the development function with comprehensive advice and overseeing the investment strategy.
Your key duties will include:
- Producing the medium- and long-term financial plans highlighting key operational, funding or covenant compliance issues
- Responsible for the Treasury function including the responsibility for the EMTN programme, working with external stakeholders to ensure financial stability and ensuring the business continues to have the appropriate credit strength to deliver the corporate strategy
- Partnering with development and new business teams to ensure investments are appropriately appraised and deliver the required financial and social return
- Working with the other finance leads to implement process and system improvements
- Proving effective leadership, being performance and delivery focused
The Successful Applicant
You must be a fully qualified accountant and / or treasurer with strong communication and leadership skills. It is essential that the new incumbent has financial planning and treasury knowledge, this experience will have been gained within social housing or a related industry.
This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to broaden their experience, in an organisation that has a clear vision and route to achieve its goals.
What's on Offer
Circa £125,000 plus benefits
This role closes on 13th November 2020