About Our Client
A telecommunications business.
- Assist in setting strategy and formulating advocacy plans for specific programmes, initiatives and engagements
- Assess legal, regulatory, technology, industry and consumer sentiment developments in data privacy, security and consumer protection areas to help the organisation assess risks and trends and determine priorities
- Provide detailed analysis and assessment of data privacy and other regulatory proposals and other key areas of public policy and their impact and the industry in general
- Lead policy development with members on particular topics, or for an entire region, to establish and promote G positions, guidelines and reports including responses to consultations
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Extensive experience in data privacy in the telecoms / ICT industry or within a regulatory authority
- Detailed knowledge and experience in European data protection, privacy and related regulation such as data retention, intercept and international data transfers and extensive knowledge of other privacy and data protection regulatory frameworks across the world
- A strong network and links to the global data privacy community coupled with experience in engaging with data protection authorities and privacy stakeholders, governments, regulators and consumer protection authorities across multiple countries.
- An excellent communicator, able to express complex legal and regulatory issues in plain language, without losing the important points. Able to adapt their style to particular markets and appreciate the relative importance of various communications techniques, in different environments.
- Excellent writing skills, with a proven track record of developing policy positions, writing consultation responses and reports, articles, speeches and presentations on relevant topics.
What's on Offer
£80,000 - £95,00 PA DOE plus 15% bonus and benefits