Director Digital Services
The Director of Digital Services will lead digital operational services.
OUH are a Global Digital Exemplar Trust.
About Our Client
Oxford University Hospitals (OUH) is a world renowned centre of clinical excellence and one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the UK. We became a Foundation Trust on 1 October 2015 and believe that this will enable us to work more effectively in partnership with our patients and our local community to provide high quality healthcare.
Director of Digital Services - Oxford
The Director of Digital Services will lead digital operational services across Oxford University Hospitals and support the development and adoption of outstanding digital health and care services for patients and families. The post holder will oversee the delivery of Information Technology services within the Trust, ensuring the best people doing the best work, with delivery to a high standard.
As a Global Digital Exemplar Trust, the Director of Digital Services will deliver a step change in digital transformation, working with clinicians and staff to ensure the optimisation of our digital services across the organisation, facilitating the realisation of benefits and the integration of digital care with the Trusts quality and safety priorities. The post will support delivery of the Trusts strategy through ensuring families and our patients are at the centre of all we do, and staff have the skills and resources required to deliver services to an outstanding standard.
- Deliver a high quality digital and information technology services.
- Lead the development of the digital roadmap the Trust
- Be a transformational leader - one who can drive a step change in our approach to digital healthcare
- Work with key stakeholders to embed a culture of digital quality improvement and 'digital first' culture across the Trust
- Ensure brilliant basics are in place to support operational service delivery
- Support the transformation of key services including outpatient transformation and patient flow, enabling the maximisation of digital technology across the organisation
- Drive the adoption and integration of digital as a core aspect of our service delivery. This includes working with operational and clinical teams to ensure our workforce is digitally competent and systems are designed to support clinical and cost effective delivery of health and care services
- Ensure our systems function effectively within the available resources
- Manage strategic relationships with suppliers and partners
- Provide effective leadership and support to the teams responsible for delivery within the remit of the Director of Digital Services portfolio
- Working together with the Chief Digital and Partnerships Officer to play a key role in the development of business cases to demonstrate cost and operational benefit for implementing new digital systems
- Work in partnership with the Chief Clinical Informatics Officer and Chief Nursing Informatics Officer to facilitate the achievement of key clinical benefits and outcomes
- Lead on elevating the Trust as a leader in the field of digital healthcare and position us to benefit from national resources available to further our work
- Maintain and develop local, national and international relationships
- Ensure sound communications both internally and externally with regards to digital services and programmes
The Successful Applicant
Proven track record of leading and managing digital services
Substantial line management, including senior management and specialists
Substantial experience of delivering major transformation change initiatives in healthcare
Successful delivery of complex multi-organisational portfolios within operational and service based environments
Experience of partnership working - Internal and external; local and national
Strategic and business planning, including preparation of business cases
What's on Offer
105k + pension + benefits