- Save Job
- Email job
- Director Energy Transition Strategy with a global professional services firm
- Energy Transition Strategy
About Our Client
Global Professional Services Firm
The Energy Transition Strategy Director provides senior leadership to the Strategy team, working closely with other Directors and Partners to lead our client engagements and lead business development activity.
The projects that you will advise on will be high profile and varied. For example, in recent years we have advised gas network companies on the policy requirements for hydrogen, water companies on their strategies to deliver net zero, and utilities on their long term business and ESG strategies.
The role will include:
- Leading and managing our Energy Transition Strategy team (consisting of around ten consultants) and contributing to other teams focused on the energy sector, including Energy Regulation.
- Building enduring client relationships and becoming the go to person for our clients on projects and relevant market opportunities.
- Leading client engagements on both public and private sector mandates on a day-to-day basis.
- Working with internal teams, client project teams and other professional advisors.
- Producing, reviewing and overseeing development high quality documentation and presentations, from options appraisals, business cases, financial models, payment mechanisms and all other aspects of project work.
- Maintaining a good technical understanding of the key sectors, in particular the energy and water sectors including energy production, transport and end use as well as policy, regulation, subsidies and commercial structures
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Have significant experience in the strategy space, ideally with experience of applying this to the energy sector in particular, preferably linked to one of the disruptive energy industries or a consultant specialising in these sectors;
- Have strong knowledge of corporate strategy and investment decision making;
- Understand how emerging net zero technologies can impact businesses and how they can be successfully implemented;
- Have a good understanding of new and emerging value propositions in the utilities sector (such as electric vehicles, hydrogen, solar & storage or demand side response);
- Have experience or understanding of energy policy and economic regulation
- A strong track record of working in professional services, including leading a team, and both winning and delivering advisory services in regulation.
- Comfortable managing staff / stakeholders across a wide range of disciplines including economics, finance, legal, and engineering.
- Understanding of key value drivers in utilities including policy, regulation, financing, investments, markets etc.
- Experience of managing people / teams.
What's on Offer
£125,000 - £150,000 PA DOE plus excellent benefits, car allowance and bonus
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Kas Rothwell
- Job reference