Director of Finance (h/m)
Director of Finance
Company leader in its sector
About Our Client
Company leader in its sector
- Responsibility for the accounting and accurate financial record keeping for the Spanish legal entity, in compliance with Spanish and US GAAP.
- Responsible for the monthly US GAAP financial closing of the Spanish legal entity, as per the Corporate closing. timetable.
- Preparation and reporting of the monthly legal entity cash flow forecast, and controlling Spanish Treasury matters.
- Preparation of the Spanish and subsidiaries annual Budget.
- Responsibility for adherence to Company Financial Accounting policies and procedures.
- Co-ordination of Spain tax returns with the external tax consultants point of contact for tax office and local administration.
- Responsible for the timely collection of Spanish Overdue receivables. Liaison with key overdue customers as required.
- Responsible for the Spanish Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Responsible for the timely reconciliation of all Spanish Balance sheet accounts.
- Responsibility for Spanish finance payroll and statutory reporting requirements.
- Co-ordination of the annual audit process.
- Providing Operational support to the Operations team:
Logistics operations support.
Tax plan preparation and approval for proposals and project execution.
Commercial tenders administrative support.
- Provide Administrative support to the Spanish office.
- Financial support on quotation processes.
- Financial analysis, quotation and approval support for tenders and big negotiations (bids, tenders).
- Suppliers review, checking and negotiation, continous improvement.
- Supervision of compliance with local legal requirements in coordination with different stakekholders.
- Quality and regulatory support - providing audit support.
- Other financial duties as assigned by management.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors (or local equivalent) Degree in accounting and / or finance.
- Recognised Professional Accounting Qualification e.g. ACMA, ACA, CPA etc.
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in finance departments. At least 5 years of experience in a Finance leadership role of multinational company, working as a Finance Business Partner, Finance Director, Finance Manager, Country Controller, or similar.
- Experience working in a multinational company is a must.
- Prior Big 4 experience will be considered a plus.
- Experience in financial reporting, analysis or management reporting.
- Experience working with complex global financial information systems and controls in a complex business that provides consistent and reliable information.
- US GAAP
- Very high English level. Fluency in Spanish.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills, analytical, change management and communication skills.
- People management experience.
- MS Office, Excel (expert user level).
- International travel required 10% of time.
- Proactive and hands on individual who can operate at the highest professional and ethical standards always.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive relationship builder at any level.
- To be able to work under pressure.
- Extraordinary analytical and critical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as take direction from others, must be a self-starter.
- Highly detail oriented with a strong sense of ownership over work product.
- Ability to work across various functional areas and to interact with individuals across all levels throughout organization.
- To be able to transform traditional and conservative business environment
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to work with a leading company