- Excellent opportunity for an aspiring Finance Director to work within housing
- This is an opportunity to step into your first Director role
About Our Client
FGCH are a charitable housing association, providing affordable homes for over 2000 households.
They're based in Letchworth the world's first garden city and Welwyn, their housing stock extends beyond the famous garden cities, into many other areas of Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.
FGCH have strong connections to their historic roots, they are a modern and dynamic housing association with an active development programme. This enables them to provide a steady supply of much needed, good quality housing for local people who cannot afford to buy or rent privately.
FGCH are looking for a Finance Director to join their Executive Team, key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the rest of the Executive Team and the Board to contribute to the strategic leadership and management of the organisation, playing a crucial role providing financial challenge to the ET and Board.
- Leading, motivating and developing the Finance & Treasury function.
- Managing the finance function in order to deliver robust financial controls, improving performance and mitigating the risk for FGCH.
- Ensuring the organisation is resourced with the appropriate skills, capabilities, systems and processes to deliver the strategies that are put in place by the Executive.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a CCAB or equivalent qualified accountant with a proven track record of achievement, with the ability to drive and manage a diverse workforce. The ideal candidate will have worked in social housing or other relevant industries, with experience managing a small finance function. It is also important they previously held a senior management position with regular exposure to the Executive Team.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation with a clear vision that has ambitions grow.
What's on Offer
£95,000 plus benefits
Closing date 24th January 2022