- Southern Housing is looking for a Director of Governance and Regulation
- Exciting opportunity at a newly merged housing association
About Our Client
We're a newly merged organisation creating one of the largest housing providers in the UK with over 77,000 homes across London, the South East, the Isle of Wight and the Midlands, giving over 167,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
At Southern Housing we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people's lives.
Whether it's traditional social housing, shared ownership, affordable rent, private market rent, student accommodation, care and support or outright sales, we offer a range of services. Our vision is to create communities where everyone has a safe home in a place where they're proud to live.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer you are responsible for the operational delivery of the work of your functional teams ensuring the business remains compliant with legal and regulatory requirements, as well as contributing more widely to the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Ensure the organisation is up to date with good practice and all changes and requirements in relation to Governance, Data Protection and Regulatory Standards
- Be the lead officer supporting the CFO for regulatory reviews and engagement with the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH).
- Provide expert, up-to-date subject matter, and best practice advice across the key strands of governance, regulatory and data protection
- Manage the relationship with Board, Committee members and Company Directors including recruitment, development and succession.
- Lead and develop the Governance and Data Protection teams
- As a Leadership Team member, support the Executive and the organisation in enhancing performance and growing the culture of Southern Housing.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have operated at a senior level within a governance role previously. Relationship building is crucial in this position, a key part will be working closely with internal and external stakeholders. You will have led a small team within a highly regulated environment before, exposure to the social housing sector is extremely beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed organisation, where you can make a real difference working with a strong Executive and Board.
What's on Offer
The salary is £107,500 plus benefits, the role can be in the Farringdon or Sittingborne office. Closing date for this role is 27th January 2023.