- Save Job
- Email job
- Exciting opportunity for a Finance Director to join a forward thinking business
- One of the UKs leading housing associations is looking for a new Director
About Our Client
Bromford have more than 45,000 homes spread across central and southwest England. We believe in providing warm, safe and secure homes. But ultimately, we're a people business. Not only do we care about the 100,000 people who live in our homes, we want them to thrive.
We believe that having a great place to call home is just the start and with the right relationships and someone who believes in your potential, almost anything is possible. Our customers are the people that live in our homes for rent and shared ownership. Our customers are also those who rent our garages and our commercial buildings and those buying one of our homes for outright sale.
That's why we will continue to make a difference by investing in relationships and in connecting people, so our customers get to where they want to be. Because when they succeed, we succeed, and that success drives us to do even more.
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, this role will take responsibility for delivering an exceptional financial reporting and planning service that influences the direction of the business and monitors progress against the plan.
Responsible for providing insightful, accurate and timely financial reporting that supports the Executive and the business in making the right decisions and fulfilling our statutory requirements. Drive our external reporting to be sector leading in a way that tells the story of our strategy and our financial performance in a clear, fair and understandable way.
Key responsibilities of the role Include.
- Providing strategic financial leadership and guidance to the business by planning and delivering services in line with corporate strategy.
- Owning the business planning process, engaging with all parts of the business to encourage full participation in the annual cycle.
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting to support the business, Executive Team, Audit & Risk Committee and Group Board in making the right decisions and fulfilling statutory requirements.
- Working with the central teams to prepare and deliver robust budgets, challenging at regular reviews if we are off target and re forecasting as appropriate.
- Overseeing the production of the annual financial statements, leading the audit process and building a relationship with the external auditors.
- Providing effective leadership, being performance focused and empowering your team to deliver.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a CCAB qualified or the equivalent with a proven track record of achievement and the ability to drive and manage a diverse workforce. The ideal candidate will have worked in social housing or other relevant industries, with experience leading a team. You will have ideally led several successful year end processes and developed or been part of developing a successful business planning function in a previous role.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a high performing organisation and make a real impact. We believe this to be one of the most exciting opportunities of its kind currently in the market.
We are committed to providing a culture where our customers, our colleagues and our partners feel valued for being unique. We empower individuals to reach their full potential within an open, fair and supportive environment. In return we expect everyone to be respectful, collaborate effectively and embrace diversity. By listening, learning and acting we aim to constantly evolve our ambitions for equality, diversity and inclusion to ensure we can always achieve our purpose.
What's on Offer
C£130,000 plus benefits
Based in Tewkesbury (2-3 days a week)
Closing date 24th April 2023
- CFO & Financial Management
- CFO & Financial Management Subsector
- Public Sector & Not-For-Profit
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Elizabeth Campion
- Job reference