Director HR Manufacturing Operations - Automotive
Global Tier Automotive Supplier - Executive Team
Looking strong hands on manufacturing operations HR Leader
About Our Client
Our client for the Director HR Manufacturing Operations opportunity is a global manufacturer and Tier automotive supplier with multi locations here in the US and globally. This role is based in Western Michigan and relocation is available if needed.
The Director HR Manufacturing Operations will report to the VP of Operations and the Vice President of Human Resources will be a part of the executive management team. This Director of HR will be hands on driving HR processes and policies in line with operational excellence and performance. Candidates must have multi-site experience in lean manufacturing environments driving and implementing processes. The Director of HR will have 4-6 direct reports with a total team of 12-14.
- Drive change process by working with executive management team creating a positive mentality and can-do attitude
- Establish and drive a culture based on success in line with the company's corporate values
- Participate in business strategy planning and workforce planning as requested.
- Act as business partner advising the EVP and Executive team to achieve strategic goals
- Participate in strategic projects at the company's various manufacturing facilities and establish a well-functioning matrix organization as one of our success drivers
- Build effective relationships to support all employee relations issues
- Develop HR policies and programs for organizational development, planning & training
- Own, maintain and create a competitive benefits, Health & Safety and employee services package
- Work on education and development programs to ensure that we attract, grow and retain talent at all levels within our organization.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required in Human Resources, Business or related, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of HR experience within a manufacturing/automotive environment
- Minimum of 3 years of HR leadership experience
- Must have automotive OEM or Tier supplier experience
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with competing and changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have experience in lean manufacturing settings
- Strong background in employee relations and legal compliance, recruitment and selections, performance management, compensation and change management.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written with open and direct communication style
- Ability to influence and coach management and leadership team
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.
What's on Offer
Base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, company car, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays relocation assistance if required, etc.