- Taking ownership of entire HR function
- First HR hire for this start up firm
About Our Client
The employer is a Boston based start-up, with around 40 employees, who operate in the online software space. They have recently secured a new round of funding and are poised for significant growth in the coming years. This will be their first external HR hire and they are looking for someone who is passionate about building and developing HR frameworks and functions in a rapidly growing tech start-up environment.
Reporting directly into the CEO of the firm and as the firm's first HR hire, the Director of Human Resources will be responsible for building the HR framework from the ground up. There is also the potential for this role to grow into that of a CHRO over the longer term (performance pending). Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing talent acquisition processes and frameworks
- Assisting with recruitment
- Understanding workforce planning needs and talent management
- Advising the executive team on organizational design and structure
- Hands on responsibility for on-boarding employees
- Develop and continuously refine all HR policies and processes in the firm
- Help direct and foster company culture (teamwork activities, employee well-being, employee events [when appropriate] etc.)
- Maintain all employee records and date (attendance, PTO, EEO data) within the correct legal parameters
- Device HRIS systems, HR reports, and processes and systems
- Foster a DEI environment and ready to assist in the Return to work/ COVID related initiatives.
Apply today using the link provided and your resume will be considered within 24 hours of submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience in recruitment
- 6+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Ideally, experience within a SaaS/ Tech environment
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Strong understanding of HR compliance requirements, labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $ 130,000 to $ 150,000
- Please note no bonus is available. Therefore, base salary = total financial compensation
- Competitive benefits package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 20 days PTO
- 12 company vacation days
- True start up culture and company environment