Director of Human Resources
Manage corporate Human Resources across 25 offices.
This position allows to generate impact and involves decision making skills
About Our Client
Provider of residential services and supports for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The key areas of responsibilities include:
* Manage corporate HR and Benefit team and HR/Benefit resources across 25 offices.
* Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives. Implement hiring practices in compliance with laws, regulations, to ensure adequate staffing at all levels within the organization.
* Implements human resources strategies including talent acquisition, staffing, on boarding, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, performance management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, ADA/EEO/FMLA compliance, and labor relations.
* Design programs to help retain employees and track the rate of turnover.
* Recruits, interviews and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
* Oversees and manages employee satisfaction and the measurement of it. Provides opportunities and support for the improvement of employee satisfaction initiatives.
* Manages, coordinates and/or conducts employee exit interviews, as needed to evaluate and promote employee retention strategies.
* Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
* Assesses employee-training needs and develops and delivers HR training programs for all employees. Provides specific Corporate sponsored training programs, as required. Responsible for development of Human Resources staff, as well as working with other managers in the development of their staff.
* Counsels employees/supervisors to resolve personal or company related problems, which affect their performance.
* Manage and respond to Dept. of Labor wage and hour audits and investigations, wage claims and unemployment benefit claims.
* Administer, manage and oversee Benefits and FMLA administration
* Oversees and completes all mandatory regulatory and tax filings and plan audits, (i.e., 5500, 401(k) audits, etc.)
* Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies and practices comply with federal and state law. Oversees EEOC/Affirmative Action compliance.
* Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
* Assists in the review and preparation of the annual budget for human resources department.
* Maintains knowledge of industry trends and ensures organization's compliance
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree in human resource management or business with an emphasis in human resources is required. Master's degree in business or human resources is preferred.
* PHR, SHRM - CP, and/or SHRM-SCP preferred.
* 7-10 years human resources experience is required.
* Must have demonstrated strong leadership and management skills (managing people, processes and projects), and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
* Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, i.e., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
* The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks within defined time frames.
* The ability to organize, manage and execute responsibilities under limited time frames within a fast paced and changing environment.
* Experience with a large distributed work force that experiences a high rate of turnover would be a strong plus.
* Personnel laws and affirmative action/EEOC requirements, including recruitment and selection.
* Compensation and benefits administration, including preparing and maintaining budgets.
* Training and development techniques and evaluation.
* High energy and results driven.
* Resilient and finds a way to accomplish goals.
* Leadership (setting pace, decisiveness, change management, team development, ability to influence, organizational awareness).
* People development (assessment of others, feedback/coaching, delegation, motivating others, performance management, communicating expectations).
* Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation).
* Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication).
* Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness).
* Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen).
* Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, results orientation resilience, quality orientation).
What's on Offer
Opportunity for a senior level role with executive level exposure.