Director of Indirect Strategic Sourcing
About Our Client
Director of Indirect Strategic Sourcing is a role within a fast growing medical device and services company.
The Director of Indirect Strategic Sourcing responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of a complex, client-site business engagement, responsible for services delivery, client satisfaction, contractual compliance, achievement of revenue targets and P&L performance, plus driving account growth opportunities
- Devise category management strategies for all indirect spend categories with a core immediate focus on Transportation, Facilities and Real Estate Spend. while building consensus with client business stakeholders and direct sourcing strategies for a broad set of indirect categories including (but not limited to) marketing, marketing services and print
- Build comprehensive negotiation plans to support strategic sourcing initiatives
- Lead and ensure effective operations of onsite and offsite teams procuring goods and services on behalf of our client with a heavy focus on analysis, technology, compliance, reporting and negotiation planning
- Ensure effective implementation and operation of systems that automates the Procure to Pay process and spend analytics
- Leverage offsite team of strategic sourcing experts to drive additional savings opportunities and effectively manage vendor partners to maintain the highest standards for quality and delivery
- Develop and present strategic initiatives that drive innovation and value to our Clients and the business in order to:
- Improve processes to reduce cycle time and/or cost and improve quality
- Identify specifications improvement and value engineering to drive cost containment and savings
- Facilitate communication between client business units, internal stakeholders and suppliers for effective operation and delivery
- Provide leadership, mentoring and support to onsite and cross-functional teams to ensure they understand their roles and interdependence in the delivery of sustainable services
- Create procurement and requisitioning standard operating procedures to ensure procurement activities comply with best in class policies and procedures including legal and regulatory
- Build and effectively maintain relationships within all organizational levels, including the C-Suite, delivering on client service objectives
- Learn and adapt to client's culture while maintaining cultural standards of the business
- Understand industry trends and growth sectors for business expansion considerations
- Facilitate communication between client business units, internal stakeholders, and suppliers
- Identify trends and develop solutions for problems causing under-delivery
- Drive specification improvements and cost containment and savings opportunities
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years or progressive leadership experience in strategic sourcing & procurement across a broad set of categories but must have Global Logistics, Real Estate, and Facilities experience.
- Strategic sourcing background
- Experience with inventory management, requisitioning, fulfillment and distribution
- Demonstrated success in managing vendors, negotiating and managing high-value contracts
- Analytically adept with the ability to interpret complex data for informed decision-making and to assess results
What's on Offer
Lead and grow a team of Indirect Sourcing professionalsWork for a rapid growth business.
Boston, MA based.