Director, Industrial Participation and Offsets
High Visibility Leadership position
About Our Client
This is a Multi Billion dollar Defense firm (product manufacturing, design, distribution).
The Director, Industrial Participation and Offsets will be replacing the incumbent who is retiring in a few months. As a result there can be an opportunity for overlap and hand off. This role will, for the time being, be a high profile individual contributor role but has the potential to expand the department into a larger team.
Few other key notable points on the Director, Industrial Participation and Offsets role would include the following as Industrial Participation/Offset Responsibilities:
- Report to the General Counsel the Director, Industrial Participation and Offsets will be taking a lead role in identifying and generating solutions for off-set programs
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of Industrial Participation proposals and business plans to C-Level management for consideration and approval
- Manage the coordination of all offset activities among our business units.
- Provide strategic offset planning support to all business units.
- Provide guidance on foreign offset laws and regulations to our business units.
- Work with Supply Chain Council and Business Units to capture foreign spending for offset purposes.
- Ensure compliance with U. S. laws and regulations as it relates to international offset activities.
- Prepare and submit reports to the U. S. government on offset activities.
- Track and reports to senior management on the firm's offset obligations and advise on any potential issues with regard to meeting offset obligations.
- Act as the firm's interface to foreign government offset authorities.
- Develop and provide training related to Industrial Participation to our business units, as requested.
- Own the execution and timely completion of off-set milestones across a broad range of contracts
- Represent the company internationally at off-set conferences and associated events
- Responsible for evaluation of offset investment opportunities including equity investments, joint ventures, investment funds and strategic alliances.
- Develop Offset strategies for exploiting growth markets and specific business pursuits.
- Develop financial and business plans for company directed indirect offset opportunities.
- Manages offset relationships with investment bankers, financial intermediaries and other financial parties.
- Engage in strategic assessment of business pursuits, Offset proposal preparation and Offset contract negotiations.
- Ensure successful governance/compliance with Offset obligations and regulatory requirements including International Trade in Arms Regulations and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Responsible for establishing offset investment / execution requirements, in conjunction with other Integrated Product Team members.
- Ensures the integrity of offset cost development and implementation from capture to closure.
- Serve as a resource for both our corporate and subsidiary international compliance and industrial participation groups
- Ensures that all of our subsidiary operations have integrated compliance programs within their business operations and that there is accountability and transparency with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and international anti-bribery compliance.
- Advises and assists our business units with respect to offset and industrial participation activities, including sale and banking of credits, offset compliance, strategic offset planning and offset reporting to the U. S. government.
- Develop and implements changes to the corporate consultant and sales representative compliance policy, program and processes, as required.
- Advise business unit management on the required elements of an FCPA compliance program and ensures that the FCPA compliance coordinators and consultant process administrators establish and sustain an effective compliance program.
- Provide leadership and best practices to business unit compliance teams; make regular visits to and actively communicate with our business units.
- Directs the development and implementation of anti-bribery compliance training programs throughout the Corporation and ensure full compliance in accordance with corporate policy.
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience for the Director, Industrial Participation and Offsets
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Master s degree or Juris Doctor degree preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of legal compliance experience preferred
- Have an engineering and/or commercial education to Degree level
- Demonstrate Industrial Participation experience in an international environment
- Have an established network in the trading, banking and industrial complex arena
- Experience in the Defense industry will be required
- Have excellent management, coordination and ambassadorial skills
- Be a confident communicator, capable of presenting complex commercial and technical business plans at senior management level
- Fluent spoken and written English. Multilingual strongly preferred
- Flexible regarding working hours and openness to travel internationally
What's on Offer
- High visibility role (one level away from directly reporting to the global CEO)
- Work life balance (up to 4-6 weeks of VAC) at start
- High Growth firm