- Director for Local Government Advisory with a global professional services firm
- digital transformation, public policy, procurement, technology, operational deli
About Our Client
Global professional services firm
I am currently recruiting a Director for Local Government Advisory with a global professional services firm (the role can be based anywhere in the UK).
As a Director in our rapidly expanding IGH practice you will be central to the development of our growth strategy, identifying opportunities for the firm to make an even greater impact, originating new work, and managing sustainable growth.As part of this you will lead the design and implementation of large-scale public service reform, performance improvement, and transformation programmes, with a particular focus on local government. You will bring together the firm and client capabilities to solve complex problems and delivery ambitious outcomes.
As an experienced leader of change in the public and/or private sectors, you may specialise in programme delivery or another discipline, and will also being enough expertise and experience of digital transformation, public policy, procurement, technology, and operational delivery to design and oversee overarching change programmes.You will be working with senior clients including programme directors, Chief Operating Officers, SROs, CEOs and Permanent Secretaries, as well as leaders in the wider public sector including policing, infrastructure and transport, and health.
You will also lead, manage and develop teams, capabilities and propositions, and will be accountable for developing our ability to deliver high quality work for clients as we continue to grow our share of the market. You will help our people to grow and shape their consulting careers across IGH and the wider firm.
The Successful Applicant
- You will be a talented and ambitious senior consultant with experience of originating and delivering consulting services in local government OR an experienced senior leader in industry or the public sector, with a background in local government (this can encompass, health, housing and policing)
- You will have the credibility and experience to lead KPMG and client teams to assess, design, plan and deliver complex programmes of work
- You will have a good understanding of the government policy agenda and demonstrate a strong desire to support clients in these areas. Ideally, this would include an in depth understanding of a particular area of government policy and delivery, such as criminal justice
- You will be comfortable operating in highly politicised environment that attracts scrutiny from the media and from parliament
- You will understand the evolving nature of government service delivery and how services can support that evolution
- You will have significant people leadership and performance management experience, including experience of coaching or managing a wide range of staff.
- You will be experienced and comfortable presenting findings and analysis to board-level clients, Ministers, and governing bodies
- Experience of leading programmes and large-scale projects, especially those with a digital and technology component
What's on Offer
£120,000 - £140,000 PA DOE plus car allowance and bonus