Director of Logistics - CPG / Packaging Manufacturing.
Established Market Leading Packaging / CPG Business.
To Lead a Large Change and Investment Logistics Program
About Our Client
Established market leading Packaging / CPG Business.
To optimize the flow of product across the businesses network by leveraging existing infrastructure along with available modes of transportation in order to meet customer commitments and provide optimal service at the lowest possible cost. The Logistics Director provides leadership and strategic direction to the Logistics function including: warehousing, network analysis and optimization, P&L management, capital rationalization, fleet, transportation cost, transportation maintenance and safety programs.
- Develops and implements strategies/initiatives to control or reduce operational and carrying costs.
- Optimize the utilization of assets including facilities, vehicles and operations equipment
- Manage stakeholder engagement, collaboration of teams, and supplier relationships. Work in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders on procedural issues and bring about swift and effective solutions.
- Resolve exceptions to daily operations and maintain contingency plans for time sensitive operations.
- Manage logistics cost striving to achieve lowest delivered cost of goods. Maintain and improve Logistics metrics (KPIs)
- Evaluates performance of direct reports and assists in the evaluations of others within logistics business unit and provides support, training and development to improve individual knowledge and skill levels and overall performance and results of logistics business unit.
- Oversee sludge and garbage disposal for manufacturing operations
- Drive operational excellence within the requirements of health and safety and build personal responsibility and ownership.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Demonstrated success at a senior leadership level; including experience in cost improvement, process controls, budgeting and continuous improvement with P&L responsibility
- Demonstrated experience with warehouse management (people & product), procurement, transportation/fleet and logistics systems
- Business Acumen: providing strategic advice and guidance to key stakeholders
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reason to identify solutions to problems that are evidence based
- Drive change: ability to drive change by aligning teams and being able to use influence and collaboration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage all levels of the organization
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications & Competencies
- A Bachelor's level education; Masters' degree preferred.
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience within the high-speed packaging industry or closely related industry - CPG /Food & Beverage.
- Have extensive experience dealing with transportation service providers for all modes of transportation within Canada including but not limited to: couriers, common carriers, dedicated carriers, air carriers, and the railways + Experience in cross-border shipping
- Strong organizational skills.
- Customer service mindset with the ability to recognize and drive continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- ERP skillset
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); and other applications as required
What's on Offer
Market leading package for the successful Director of Logistics.