Director Manufacturing Operations - North America
Global Automotive Supplier
Highly visible role with North American and Global Leadership team
About Our Client
Our client for the Director Operations North America is global automotive tier 1 and 2 supplier specializing in injection molded interior and exterior plastics components.
- Oversee North America plant operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources
- Establish and implement safety programs in line with company values and policies.
- Responsible for day to day management of the business to achieve the budgeted operating profit and working capital targets.
- Work with Plant Managers to executive and deliver strategic goals and operational excellence
- Comply with direction obtained from the North American and Global executive management team
- Review monthly financial pack to determine progress and status in obtaining objectives and revise plans as necessary in accordance with current conditions to meet the overall objectives.
- Ensure adequate resources (personnel, materials, equipment and training) are provided to meet the company objectives.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to employees.
- Establish a work environment conducive to maintaining good employee morale.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for Plant Managers and Plant Management teams and ensure that all managers do the same for their employees at each location
- Develop and implement a three-year plan in line with the company objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or related
- 15 plus years of experience in an automotive engineering environment with strong experience in engineering, operations, and manufacturing
- 5 years of sr. leadership experience in operations and plant management with responsibility over multiple locations
- Must have experience with plastic injection molded products and processes
- Must have experience working with a global company
- Ability to understand and identify key market trends, with strategic market development experience
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- High energy, teamwork, and passion for development team members
- Proven track record in cultural change management
- High sense of urgency and able to manage multi initiatives at a given time
- Ability to lead, train, mentor, and implement be practices amongst reports
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus 20%, car allowance, vacation, full benefits, holidays and automotive Christmas shutdown, 401K.