- Save Job
- Email job
- Highly Visible Executive Operations Opportunity for Global Manufacturer
- Leading Flagship Multi Site Facility
About Our Client
Our client for the Director of Manufacturing Operations opportunity is global industrial business to business manufacturer with over 45 manufacturing locations globally. This organization is in high growth mode both through organic growth and through acquisition and continues to be the market leader in their customer industries and product offerings. The Director of Manufacturing Operations will be leading a flagship manufacturing facility. The Director of Manufacturing Operations will be responsible for running the entire plant operations owning the P&L and driving cultural change and transformation. This is one of the largest plants in North America for the organization and a highly visible role to the organization and the executive leadership team. The Director of Manufacturing Operations will report to the Executive Director of Operations.
- Oversee plant operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources.
- Establish and implement safety programs in line with company values and policies.
- Responsible for day to day management of the business to achieve the budgeted operating profit and working capital targets.
- Own and managing the Full P&L of the site
- Work with the Executive Director of Operations on CAPEX expenditures for plant upgrades and improvements to meet current and future customer demands
- Comply with direction obtained from the North American Management team
- Review monthly financial pack to determine progress and status in obtaining objectives and revise plans as necessary in accordance with current conditions to meet the overall objectives.
- Ensure adequate resources (personnel, materials, equipment and training) are provided to meet the company objectives.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to employees.
- Drive Lean principles and methodologies in accordance with the companies operating model
- Chair Monthly Management meetings to evaluate the business performance and strive for continual improvement.
- Responsible for meeting the customer, statutory and regulatory requirements of the business.
- Establish a work environment conducive to maintaining good employee morale and driving towards an overall team go and mindset
- Provide suitable compensation and benefits in order to maintain existing employees and stay competitive in the market when we are recruiting new employees.
- Actively drive recruitment attraction and retention to support an upgrade in talent and the next generation of plant leadership and personal partnering with HR and Talent Acquisition
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for direct reports and ensure that all managers do the same for their employees.
- Develop and implement a three-year and five-year plan in line with the company objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, Business or related
- 15 plus years of experience in operations, plant leadership within industrial manufacturing - preferably from the steel industry
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in operations and plant management owning a P&L
- Must have experience running a Union facility
- Ability to understand and identify key market trends, with strategic market development experience
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Hands on approach working closely with the plant management team and strong floor presence
- High energy, teamwork, and passion for development team members
- Proven track record in cultural change management and transformation
- Combination of real-world experience and formal training with Lean principles and methodology, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.
- Ability to lead, train, mentor, and implement be practices amongst reports
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $175,000 - $240,000, bonus 30%, long term incentive, vacation, full benefits, holidays, 401K and being a part of a market leader and fast-growing company with a long history and well recognized trusted brand in the market.
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- John Wu
- Job reference