Director of Operational Procurement
About Our Client
This is a global products and services firm based in Boston, MA.
The Director of Operational Procurement through effective leadership, vision, communications, and analytics; develops long-range strategies and policies linking them to institutional-wide goals, including maximizing efficiencies and value through automation. Utilizes leadership skills to influence the marketplace and internal stakeholders, and build and cultivate an environment of creativity, inclusion, diversification and success in meeting institutional mission and goals. Understands the many regulations and risks encompassing diverse supplies, equipment, technology and services required to support the business objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Leads procurement & contracting and logistics for all global sites campuses through oversight of the design, implementation and growth of automated and efficient procure-to-pay processes, contracting, as well as efficient and effective management of outsourced functional operations.
- Proactively creates and implements procure-to-pay vision, mission and objectives with input from stakeholders; meets with various levels of management including; faculty and executive management forging consensus and ensuring alignment and support of goals. Drives innovation, change and implementation of supporting strategies, policies and processes with confidence, wisdom and strong leadership skills.
- Develops and oversees procurement sponsored institutional programs such as purchasing cards, cafeteria, travel services, and others..
- Establishes and cultivates collaborative efforts with local peer organizations to achieve cost savings of supplies, equipment, technology and services by leveraging spend from their respective sites.
- Directs spend management across all categories, establishes direction, ensures contracting efforts are current and are supported by relevant experience and technology, negotiates high value contracts, ensures contract compliance audits are conducted on high spend areas, identifies supplier process improvements, and develops business review schedules.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, establishes direction for selection, implementation, maintenance and improvement upon systems to efficiently support procure-to-pay systems s. Ensures all processes are well documented (SOPs and Visio workflows where applicable), are posted accordingly and stored for convenient access by end-users, management and auditors.
- Develops, coaches, and trains direct and indirect reports, prepares evaluations, conducting regular reviews of organizational structure, workload and technology to ensure competency and resources are available and can meet growing and complex requirements.
- Stays abreast of industry trends; works in a highly collaborative manner to ensure that all procure-to-pay processes.
- Collaborates with Director & Senior Sourcing Managers.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 7+ years experience in a highly regulated environment dealing with complex sourcing/contracting issues, supply chain, intellectual property, supplier diversity, project management, legal terms and conditions in categories such as licensing agreements, MRO, scientific; with a strong financial background.
- 5+ years of senior level experience to include oversight of departments through subordinate managers, complex processes and large spend categories.
- Innovative and progressive management skills in implementing and enforcing organizational policies and analysis of systems, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrable leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to foster an effective and diverse work environment that encourages teamwork, customer service, inclusiveness, and employee growth
- Executive leadership abilities, including strong interpersonal skills that foster trust and confidence
- The ability to think strategically and creatively, with demonstrated experience in leading change, balancing strategic initiatives and daily operations
- A high level of professionalism and integrity with a demonstrated ability to work productively with, and gain confidence of, all levels of an organization
- A demonstrated ability to make firm and responsible decisions in a highly complex, multi-faceted environment, and multi-task diverse projects.
- Advanced understanding of ERP, contracting, sourcing and e-procurement systems.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M. or CPIM)/Certified Purchasing and Supply Management (C.P.S.M.) certification, other training such as PMP (Project Management Institute, PMI) and Lean Six Sigma knowledge preferred but not required..
What's on Offer
Work in Downtown BostonHigh visibility to senior leadership.