Director of Operations (Housing)
Ability Housing is looking to appoint a Director of Operations (Housing)
Execellent opportunity for someone who is looking for their first Executive role
About Our Client
This is a genuine opportunity for an individual to broaden their experience and achieve their first Executive role, in an organisation that has a clear vision and unique proposition in the sector.
Ability provides housing, care and support services for people who want to live more independently. They have two operating divisions - Ability Housing and Ability Care & Support. These provide services to more than 1,000 people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, physical or sensory impairments, in London and southern England.
This is an important appointment for the organisation and the new Director of Operations (Housing) will be key in continuing Ability's success. They are looking to develop, grow their care and support services and focus on their mission to support people with disabilities.
Key responsibilities will include;
- You will provide strategic guidance and quality assurance to the Board on all of Ability's Asset Management, Property Services and Housing Management services
- Working with colleagues to produce a robust asset management strategy, ensuring that contracts are managed effectively with third parties and projects are run to time with the highest achievable quality
- Delivering high-quality customer service and enabling engagement throughout the organisation
- Working closely with the rest of the Executive Team and Board to contribute to the strategic leadership and management of Ability, playing a crucial role in the success of the organisation
- Establishing and leading an effective team, that is performance and delivery focused
The Successful Applicant
You must have knowledge or experience of running Housing Management, Asset Management or Property Services functions with the necessary gravitas to do this role. A proven track record of delivering good customer service and constant improvements within the housing sector is essential, alongside being a strong leader. The ideal candidate will have a high level of emotional intelligence and had exposure to managing both internal and external stakeholders.
What's on Offer
Circa £73,000 plus benefits