Director of Planning
About Our Client
This is a consumer product (CPG) and online e-commerce focused firm.
The Director of Planning is responsible for all aspect of supply chain planning to in include inventory levels that satisfy the customer service target for product availability and that minimize working capital, transportation and warehousing costs.
The Director of Planning will be the process owner of the demand planning and inventory replenishment processes. Issues purchase orders, buy plans, sales and demand forecasts. Reviews weekly sales and finished goods inventory data and advises sales and category management personnel of unexpected sales trends and/or inventory balances. Assists in long-range capacity planning to determine working capital requirements. Major communication link between sales, customer service, compliance, quality, and supply chain.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create monthly buy plans for each vendor in accordance with department demands
- Provide leadership, direction, and developmental plans for planning team members
- Create and manage overall demand/supply plans while incorporating lead times
- Manage the review of inventory levels and warehouse capacity to ensure balanced inventory levels to reduce out of stock
- Analyze Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and maintain inventory at planned levels
- Produce and analyze daily Pipeline and Open-To-Buy (OTB) reports
- Increasing inventory turns
- Issue PO's in support of inventory and customer service level agreements (SLAs)
- Monitor forecast errors and take corrective action as needed when metrics are not achieved
- Identify, evaluate and implement cost savings and/or continuous improvement opportunities
- Lead implementation of lean supply chain strategies
- Establish and provide timely analysis of reports
- Develop and execute change management plans to achieve KPI improvement objectives.
- Provide long term and short term planning scenarios
- Maintain MRP system data integrity
- Work with Category Managers and Sales teams to support the rollout of new products,
- Communicate change in MOQ and obsolete products to Category Management
- Make recommendations for discontinuation of products based on thorough analysis
- Create ad hoc reports
- Maintain data integrity of purchases and products
- Communicate frequently and broadly across internal Supply Chain, Sales, Brand, and Finance
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, related field or commensurate experience required.
Related Work Experience Required
- Minimum of three (5) years' experience in demand and supply planning and management
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of demand planning, inventory management, MS Excel, MRP and ERP
- E-commerce or consumer goods experience is preferred
- Must have excellent analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to interact with functional departments, plants and suppliers
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, sense of urgency, independent judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- APICS, CPIM, CPSM or CSCP certification preferred
What's on Offer
- Work in a growing e-Commerce retail business
- Lead enterprise planning
- Boston, MA based.