- Save Job
- Email job
- Director of Policy Development - Capital Markets with a global bank
- capital markets policy, ESG policy, digital policy
About Our Client
I am currently recruiting for a Director of Policy Development - Capital Markets with a global bank based in London. This unique role will be responsible for driving the Group's proactive thought leadership policy development, working closely with policy leads in regional teams (UK/EU, US, APAC), to shape the future direction of government and regulatory policy in a way that aligns with the banks strategic objectives and positions the bank as a thoughtful and influential contributor to this policy agenda.
- Devise and implement a proactive thought leadership strategy aimed at influencing the development of policy in this area.
- Devise and implement proactive advocacy and engagement strategies to position the Group and senior leaders as visibly engaged, influential leaders on this policy agenda.
- Drive an overarching, global policy perspective on this policy area, working closely with jurisdictional policy teams to deliver a unified, global approach to advocacy.
- Build strong, mutually beneficial, collaborative relationships across the bank, particularly with government and regulatory policy leads in SPG, business and functional subject matter experts, Research, Media Relations, Insights to bring an integrated approach to policy development and external advocacy.
- Build strong external relationships across a range of external policymakers, working in close collaboration with jurisdictional and regional leads, to gather current insights into the development of policy.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Deep knowledge of the policy making process in one or more principal jurisdictions (UK, EU, USA).
- Proven track record of designing and delivering policy change programmes and, preferably, desired outcomes.
- Experience in building new teams, leadership and motivation.
- Politically astute and able to understand the dynamics of large, complex organisations.
- Ability to work in a matrix structure and collaborate across different businesses, functions and jurisdictions.
- Adept at solving problems and conflict in differences of opinion.
- Developed presentational skills and comfortable representing on a variety of topics at international for a, including public speaking.
- Deep capital markets / digital / ESG policy understanding in more than one jurisdiction.
- Good relationship and excellent stakeholder management skills.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive package, bonus and benefits
- Financial Services
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Kas Rothwell
- Job reference