Director of Product Management - Built Environment & Industrial
A senior product management role for an innovative global manufacturing company
Excellent opportunities to progress career long term
About Our Client
This global manufacturing business is currently seeking a product development director to develop cutting-edge products and solutions for a range of applications within the built environment including smart homes, industrial and commercial buildings.
This new role will take overall responsibility of a high growth potential product group ensuring that new products are integrated effectively and that the new product development programme continues to produce innovative and commercially effective new product introductions into the marketplace.
- Develop and lead the execution of a five-year product category roadmap that achieves company revenue objectives.
- Work as the hub of communication with sales, business development, marketing, technical and manufacturing teams in order to ensure that product development opportunities are maximised.
- Monitor market conditions based on trends, product innovations, competitor activity and product range attributes.
- Understand end-user needs through design thinking NPD approaches and develop innovative product category solutions.
- Implement, adopt and execute stage gate process for product development life cycle.
- Analyse brand performance, brand competitiveness and product trends.
- Participate in defining product vision and strategy to discover new opportunities within emerging technologies.
The Successful Applicant
- Significant experience of delivering successful products to market and executing stage gate process for product development lifecycle.
- Able to demonstrate strong conceptual attributes and to think creatively about all aspects of the role deploying a professional curiosity to all aspects of the role and its impact on the business.
- Comfortable leading and influencing colleagues and with customers in order to ensure that goals for your product group are achieved.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all parts of the business internally.
- Ability to develop accurately resourced financial business cases and proposals.
- A team motivator with a 'can do' outlook able to thrive with broad scope of responsibility.
- A passion for delivering complex new product development projects.
- Self-starter, motivator, work to tight deadlines and budgets and manage changing priorities with ease.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and make confident decisions.
- Good awareness and appreciation of differing global business cultures.
- Ability to travel to head office in Middlesex and to travel internationally when required.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and package on offer for the successful candidate