- Rapidly Growing Business
- Development of a high performance culture
About Our Client
My client is a leading Engineering Consultancy with the capability to deliver large scale industrialised projects. In 2022, the business has experienced substantial growth and has a very healthy pipeline of projects for 2023 and beyond. Many of my client's projects deliver solutions to the mobility and sustainability sectors and promise considerable carbon emission reduction.
As the Director of Programme Management, you will provide oversight and leadership to internal and external consultancy projects and excellent leadership to your PMO, Technology Solution Project teams and those delivering full Industrialisation solutions. Further responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Ensuring large scale industrialised projects destined for volume production are delivered to Customer Cost, Time and Quality targets.
- Being the most senior escalation to the Programme team, supporting the stakeholder engagement and resolution of company threatening decisions, whether technical, operational, commercial, or affecting programme delivery.
- Establishing, developing and managing key stakeholder relationships internally and with external parties such as customers, suppliers and funding bodies.
- Defining and reporting clear KPI's across the Portfolio of Projects to the senior and extended leadership teams, including the continued drive for improvement.
- Effective P&L management for project delivery including support and approval of company budgets and targets by financial year and quarter.
- Driving the continuous improvement agenda, ensuring maturity and alignment of systems and processes, including Programme delivery and business functions.
- Providing vision, purpose and business case analytics (including forecasts) for scaled business growth.
The Successful Applicant
As the Director of Programme Management, you will be a proven Programme professional, with demonstrated leadership of project and portfolio delivery from start-up through to production, with proven ability to start from a blank sheet of paper. You will also be an outstanding people leader who creates a culture of accountability and delivery as well as being an effective developer of high performing individuals and teams.
Key selection criteria will include, but not be limited to;
- Business process leadership experience, driving a culture of broader business improvement outside of operations (streamlining and process deployment for all functions)
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in cross functional roles such programme management, broad operations, business unit management, P&L
- A metrics focused manager who drives for optimisation and continuous improvement
- Ability to develop strategic and tactical plans aligned to the overall business targets and communicate them at all levels of the business
- Ability to present internally and externally at town halls, stakeholder presentations and industry forums as required
- Excellent programme management skills and demonstrated portfolio management capability
- Technical degree preferable (STEM or Operational management)
- Engineering consultancy experience preferable
- Post graduate management studies advantageous
What's on Offer
In addition to joining a rapidly growing organisation that is delivering cutting edge technological solutions to some of the world's most important decarbonisation challenges, you will be well remunerated with an excellent basic salary and further benefits.