Director of Regulation
Unique and exciting opportunity with one of the UKs leading Housing Associations
Genuine opportunity to shape, drive and deliver this newley created role
About Our Client
Places for People is an award winning property management, development, regeneration and leisure company that creates and manages thriving, sustainable places that work for everyone. The Group operates across a diverse range of markets and is made up of more than 20 specialist companies, each working to build sustainable communities for all.
Places for People Homes, part of the Places for People Group, are placemakers whose work impacts on the lives of people across the U.K. - providing homes to live in, communities to retire to, spaces to stay active, supported homes for independent living, and student accommodation.
The successful candidate will work closely with the managing directors of each of the regulated housing businesses in the Group. They should be an analytical thinker who can work at a strategic level, ensuring a robust programme is in place for compliance with all regulations and reporting requirements.
The successful candidate should have strong presentation and interpersonal skills in order to facilitate joint working and lead the Group relationship with the English social housing regulator and other regulatory bodies.
In particular, the post holder will:
- Lead the Group relationship with the English Social Housing Regulator and other regulatory bodies and continually review how best to adapt our policies and procedures to comply with Regulation
- Provide assurance that the Group, and subsidiary registered providers, comply effectively with English Social Housing Regulation as well as other regulatory requirements
- Manage all data returns to the English Social Housing Regulator and drive improvements in data quality
- Identify and assist businesses that are at risk of failing to fully comply with regulatory requirements
- Be a prime deliverer of spreading good practice by process and systems improvement and embedding with training
The Successful Applicant
The Succesful candidate will demonstrate the following skills;
- Ability to create transparency and clarity out of complexity and ambiguity, and translating strategy into operational improvement plans.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively and to turn that thinking into realistic plans/opportunities
- Able to build effective working relationships, networks & partnerships
- Diplomacy and tact
- Strong leadership - able to motivate and inspire
- Sound judgement
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills - persuasive communicator at all levels
- Excellent ambassador for the Group
- Numerate & systems literate
- Resilient and results focused
Ideally candidates will have strong knowledge of English Social Housing Policy and Practice however candidates with experience within other regulated environments are also encouraged to apply as long as you can demonstrate the ability to translate these regulatory requirements into transparent, clear and unambiguous operational improvement plans.
Additional experience required includes;
- Experience of managing, monitoring and where necessary revising projects and work streams to meet objectives
- Experience of developing strategy and policy proposals to improve compliance and drive forward business improvement
- Experience of working with senior executives, boards and management colleagues to achieve project outcomes and drive performance
What's on Offer
Up to £120,000 basic salary, Company Car or Car Allowance, Competitive Bonus and Pension.
Candidates can be based anywhere in the UK bus must be prepared to travel.