- Director Regulatory Design and Delivery
- regulatory regimes, regulatory changes, regulatory design
About Our Client
Energy Tech business
I am currently recruiting a Director Regulatory Design & Delivery for an energy tech business. You will:
- Lead a team of regulatory business partners and specialist advisors to ensure that the business fully understands and can implement the requirements set for it in its licence and relevant energy codes.
- Ensure that the licence and codes are fit for purpose and enable the business to deliver what is asked of it - including identifying and developing recommendations for change and ensuring regulatory consultations are delivered
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to design new regulatory frameworks for the businesses' additional mandated activities e.g. switching, Half Hourly Settlement and potentially Electric Vehicle smart charging
- Oversee development of key regulatory documents, specifically HMT 5 case business cases and key documents for regulatory forums and customer facing presentations.
- Building strong relationships with Government, Regulators and other key stakeholders and leveraging these as appropriate in support of objectives
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in providing strategic advice to senior level of decision-makers in business or Government.
- Able to provide substance and thought leadership for the development of new regulatory regimes / regulatory changes and the ability to advise on how best to achieve the organisation's objectives whilst operating within the regulatory framework. It is key that the function is seen as enabling rather than as an enforcement capability, as compliance sits elsewhere in the organisation.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of authoring high-quality documentation for clients in the energy industry, regulated industries or central government.
- Experience at working in a complex and heavily regulated environment with multiple stakeholders, and in collaborating with multi-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills and senior stakeholder management expertise allowing them to tailor communications to explain complex issues concisely and clearly.
- Strong leadership, demonstrate coaching skills to help others learn from them, and be able to manage and prioritise time and workload and adapt to changing priorities.
What's on Offer
£100,000 - £120,000 PA DOE plus car allowance, bonus and benefits