Director of Retail Business IT Operations
Leading Hong Kong Conglomerate
Unique Job Opportunity
About Our Client
My client is one of Hong Kong's largest employers, established for over 100 years. This is a business critical leadership hire to seek integrated management and synergy among the functions that the job holder is leading, ensuring good data-driven decisions be made and as basis for running projects for process improvements and for promoting a performance driven culture.
Head up 4 retail planning functions: Business Process, IT / Special Projects Team, AI & KPI Team, and Physical Channel Operations Control Team.
Business Process and Cost Management:
- Sustain and Gate-keep the current Retail BAU SOP (e.g. Shop opening procedure, cash transit procedure, claim procedure, account opening procedure, withdrawal and deposit procedures.) to ensure they are running smoothly and well executed on site level. Have the right control mechanism in place to review effectiveness.
- Drive proven improvements in business process that delivers cost savings, efficiency gain and quality / accuracy enhancement.
- Through data analytics identify the possible areas of improvement on both system and process to drive changes to Retail Channel on value proposition and omnichannel strategy implementation.
- Look after RGP, KYC / AML process implementation in Retail Channel.
- Manage the Capex and Central Opex Budget for Retail. Support Develop plan for the mid / long term capex requirement to support improvement initiatives based on priorities.
On IT / Special Projects:
- Oversee the project management and be the budget holder of various retail-led IT projects to drive customer experience transformation, such as retail kiosks, OCBDS, TV wall, retail Wifi, MSNI network.
- Support HORT on IT-related BAU projects and Strategic Projects led by other departments, on user user requirements definition, UAT contact point, and lead smooth roll-out execution on the part related to Retail Channel.
On AI & KPI Analytics:
- To lead a team of data scientists and tap into their optimal competence to run meaningful data intelligence incorporating AI technology, to drive improvements in service delivery and customer engagement initiatives.
- Lead the development of data intelligence and AI capability of the Retail channel. Enhance the mastery of data intelligence usage in Retail and enhance analytical power to drive improvements in the delivery of our service or marketing initiatives in the Retail channel. Supported by IT, to build up the right platform and tap into the use of EDW for enhancing long term data analytics capability.
On Physical Channel Operations Center (PCOC) Function and Incident Management:
- To oversee the smooth implementation of the new PCOC structure in support of an aligned control, coordination, administrative and reporting support function for both Retail and Telebet services.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in a Business Management or IT-related discipline.
- 15+ years experience in management position covering retail management, business processes, project management and / or control/administrative functions.
- Proven track record in business management and large scale retail distribution channels
- Experienced in managing a sizeable operations / planning team composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Demonstrate prior large project management / committee leadership roles for major improvement projects
- Experienced in process re-engineering and has solid track record in projects that aim at driving cost efficiency through process revamp or system improvement.
- Excellent project management skills
- IT/Channel operation savvy
- Experienced in applying technology improvement to drive operation efficiency and quality improvement for Retail Channel.
- Strong data sensitivity and hypothesis formulation competence, and good sense of application of AI in driving business objectives.
What's on Offer
Executive level position, attractive salary and employee benefits package.