Director of Sales, Europe - Surgical Medical Devices
Managing the Surgical Device sales organisation across Europe
Sales via distribution partnerships and direct to market sales teams.
About Our Client
A leading, global manufacturer of technologically advanced products for surgical procedures, such as sutures, haemostats and tissue adhesives. Products are sold across 80+ countries via a direct sales model, or via distribution partnerships in key territories.
The Director of Sales, Europe - Surgical Medical Devices will manage the European Sales division (5 direct reports, approx 40 total indirect reports), with responsibility to deliver and exceed budget across all regions, and market segments.
- Management of a group of 5 Regional Sales Directors across Europe, selling through both direct to market sales and distributor channels.
- Develop go to market strategy for region across multiple routes to markets.
- Provide leadership to support direct markets within region - UK, Germany, Czech Republic and Russia
- Work directly with Directors of Marketing to support long term strategic planning of partner and product development strategy in region.
- Identify Key Account Responsibility within region and provide direct commercial support or ownership.
- Understand and Identify European in market tends and opportunity driven within local market guidance.
- Negotiation and approval of new and existing agreements and supporting Directors and BDM's to effectively deliver winning sales contracts.
- Work in partnership with Director of Business development in aligning Regional global opportunity with European existing or future footprint and strategy.
- Manage S&OP process for regions.
- Full budget responsibility for Surgical Sales business unit.
The Successful Applicant
For the Director of Sales, Europe - Surgical Medical Devices we are seeking applications from individuals who match the following criteria:
- Proven track record managing a team of experienced, ambitious senior sales managers across Europe. Ideal will be an in depth expertise in covering the UK, DACH and Czech Republic.
- Experienced in Operating Room speciality device sales, ideally within the categories of sutures, haemostats, tissue adhesives used within Orthopaedic, Spine, Trauma, Biosurgicals, GI and Hernia procedures; or dental devices.
- Experience in Medical device distribution management and managing distributor sales individuals.
- An ambitious and autonomous business leader, who responds well to pressure and growth expectation. We will be asking for evidence in having led business units to profitable growth.
- Science or Business degree at MSC or MBA level preferred
- English language skills are essential. Other European languages preferred (German)
- Ability to travel 50% to 75% of time
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary + bonus linked to profitable growth with additional benefits.