Director of Sales - Sustainable Home Goods (Grocery Channel)
Opportunity to join a fast growing CPG company
First person in Director position to drive sales in US and manage the team
About Our Client
Launched in 2009, the company sprouted out of a vision shared by a group of friends. Home goods could be beautifully designed, functionally innovative and responsibly produced. From dish brushes to compost collectors and water bottles, my client creates products that inform and inspire better choices. They are proud to be a Certified B Corporation.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with experience in the housewares industry from Food/Drug/Mass to specialty retailers, managing a small sales team, working with independent reps, and leading strategy for internal teams. Experience with managing major retail accounts from prospecting to delivery and coordinating with cross functional departments. Experience with managing a $10mm in business, creating and executing sales processes and tools, and setting strategy is required.
- Develop sales strategies by brand, product category, and channel
- Analyze sales reports to inform strategies
- Develop sales tools and processes to assist with systematic, rapid growth
- Manage a team of 4 internally and over 100 external reps
- Work directly with key retail customers to identify product assortment and merchandising opportunities
- Identify and pursue new sales leads and new channels
- Analyze and grow business with current customers
- Coordinate strategy with marketing team
- Role is based full time in New York City and reports directly to the CEO
The Successful Applicant
- At least 10 years' experience in the housewares or consumer goods industry required
- Experience/understanding of how consumer products are developed and brought to market
- Experience in a company with over $10mm in sales
- Ability to introduce new retail relationships a plus
- Passion for social and environmental responsibility a plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
What's on Offer
Competitve base salary, annual bonus, and benefits.