- Global Tier 1 with aggressive growth leading a sales team
- Excellent company culture
About Our Client
Our client for the Director Sales is a global manufacturer and supplier of injection molded plastic components. This global organization has manufacturing facilities worldwide, along with a highly creative engineering team to help design and create custom products for highly unique applications.
The Director Sales will be tasked with developing new business with JOEM customers in North America. The Director will report to the President of the division and will be responsible for driving customer relationships, business development and overall performance of the JOEM customer base in NA. The Director will work with global counterparts in Japan and will manage a team of Account Managers in the NA region.
- Develop new business opportunities and growth with JOEM customers
- Build strong customer relationships and strategic partnerships to assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products
- Achieve and exceed Budget Sales and Gross Margin targets with OEM customers
- Ensure all reports, plans, forecasts and administrative requirements are completed accurately and in a timely manner both personally and for the team. Meet all reporting deadlines as are set by senior management
- Identify target segments where market share is low and produce a plan to target and grow sales in each of these segments.
- Develop and deploy the Key Account strategy, supported by individual Key Account plans
- Identify new and profitable opportunities with existing customers and leverage these to increase profitable sales with them
- Efficiently plan customer facing time and call cycles to maximize time management and diligently complete call reports etc. on CRM
- Work closely and cooperatively with engineering and program management to ensure maximizing opportunities and customer relationships
- Provide regular and relevant feedback on Market conditions, competitor activities and progress towards business objectives.
- Analyze the current market position, i.e. the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Ensure continuous improvement in a change-oriented culture.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or related
- Minimum of 10 years of automotive OEM sales experience
- 5 years of sales management experience leading a sales/business development team
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments
- Must have experience with interior or exterior plastics and injection molded products, electronics dealing with plastics components and modules also acceptable
- Experience with handles, air vents, interior exterior trim, electronics dealing with plastics
- Must have experience with JOEM/Japanese OEMs such as Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Subaru, etc.
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Strong presentations and communication skills required
- Experience working in a global organization preferred
- Japanese speaking/language skills plus
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $150,000- $175,000, bonus, company car allowance, phone, computer, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays. Being a part of a growing and innovative company.