- Save Job
- Email job
- Sustainability focussed business
- Leading European Service
About Our Client
Seiko Epson Corporation, or simply known as Epson, is a Japanese multinational electronics company and one of the world's largest manufacturers of computer printers and imaging-related equipment. Headquartered in Japan, Epson has numerous subsidiaries worldwide and manufactures a wide variety of products for consumer, business, and industrial use. Employing over 77,000 people globally, Epson celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2022.
Located near the shore of Lake Suwa, Epson embarked on its journey as a watch parts manufacturer. The company's founder pledged never to pollute Lake Suwa, and Epson continues to honour his pledge to this day.
Sustainability is integrated into decisions at every level of Epson and the company has included sustainability in its long-term vision statement. Its Environmental Vision 2050 states that Epson will become carbon negative and underground resource free - a lofty goal that it intends to accomplish.
As the Director of Service for Epson Europe, you will lead and develop a mid-long-term strategy to support the company's mission and goals. You will be accountable for functional performance whilst developing a culture which reflects the values of the Seiko Epson Group. You will lead and support Epson's European Service function with a team of over 180 colleagues. The Service function is split into 3 business units at local and regional level offering differing levels of technical support based on the requirements of the customer.
The key responsibilities for the Director of Service will include, but not be limited to;
- Ensuring a culture of diversity and inclusion in the Service function.
- In collaboration with the Senior Vice President (Sales, Service & Supply Chain), you will create and deliver short, mid and long-term strategic plans for the development of the Service function which aligns with the business plan and the Seiko Epson Corporation (SEC) global plan.
- Leading the delivery of Service and support across the European region through a combination of Epson resources and 3rd party companies.
- Setting clear objectives and goals for each area of the Service functions centrally and locally, to ensure process excellence and that local initiatives are in line with the Epson Service and Support strategy.
- Development and implementation of data modelling methods to identify profit levers and maximising profitability of the Service offering whilst ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring support is in place for sales teams for bids and tenders for large corporate contracts and global bids where Service is an intrinsic part of the deal.
- In conjunction with the Sales Leaders, identifying opportunities and launching new Service products and solutions to improve post sales revenue and profit generation.
- Management and effective leadership of the team towards meeting annual objectives, holding team members to a high standard of excellence and accountability, identifying and developing talent.
- Ensuring operational compliance with regulatory bodies in line with legislation.
- Representing Epson on professional bodies.
The Successful Applicant
As the Director of Service, you will be a proven technical Service Leader with broad experience leading a Service operation at an international level. You will have led significant teams with a track record delivering profitable and sustainable growth through highly effective people and business management.
As a leader, you will be highly impactful and inspirational. You will be analytical and can translate a data driven business plan into a compelling vision that others will follow. You will be an excellent collaborator who can work cross functionally and internationally. You will be a transformational leader with the ability to deliver positive change for the company, your team and customers.
Key selection criteria will include, but not be limited to;
- An exceptional and inclusive leader who supports others to fully maximise their potential.
- In-depth knowledge of customer Service and technical Service principles and practices.
- A track record of delivery with respect to Service excellence.
- Being ideally educated to degree or equivalent level in a technical subject.
- Demonstrable experience in IT technologies within print/imaging/display industries or very adjacent industries with respect to consumer and/or b2b technologies where the products can be highly complex and high value.
- An innovative approach to develop promotions and solutions and generate post sales revenue.
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities.
What's on Offer
In addition to a highly competitive basic salary and further benefits including an excellent performance related bonus, you will have the opportunity to join a world class business with a strong sense of purpose and desire to do good for the communities it serves.
Epson operates a hybrid working policy and there will be the expectation of international travel with this role. Based on the international nature of the region covered by the Director of Service, you could be located in key strategic locations for the business - France, Germany, UK, Holland, Spain or Italy.
Epson's customers are the people around the world using their products and services. To fulfil the Epson goal of enriching the lives of as many people as possible, the business must understand these diverse customers and deliver new value that surprises and delights them, and to do that, must be diverse itself. An environment where differences are acknowledged, accepted, and respected is essential.
"Diversity is one of our most important management issues. I will work with the management team to develop a corporate culture in which all people can make the most of their abilities by eliminating any gender gaps and other forms of inequity, creating systems for incorporating diverse opinions, and providing various work arrangement options. Through these activities, I aim for us to be a company where neither majorities nor minorities exist in the minds of our employees, and I will transform the company into a place where employees embrace different values, ways of thinking, and unique new ideas." - Yasunori Ogawa President and CEO
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Technology Media & Telecoms
- Hemel Hempstead
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Colin Roope
- Job reference