Director of Strategic Projects
Working directly for the GM
Working on projects across Asia
About Our Client
My client is a world leading Footwear and Apparel organisation who have gone through significant growth over the last few years. They have been able to develop a very large and diverse supplier base across the region and have been able to really drive forwards with both traditional and ecommerce retail. With a very recognised brand, their products have gone from strength to strength in terms of quality and speed to customer.
As the Director of Strategic Projects, you will have autonomy to look across the whole of the Asia business and identify areas that need to be improved. Working very closely with the GM, you will be discussing these ideas, understanding the time-frames and putting in place the right teams to deliver. Specific responsibilities include:
* looking at the purchasing systems currently in place, identifying improvements that are necessary as well as suggesting new systems to improve the efficiency in this large company.
* looking at the current split in terms of sourcing hubs across Asia and making recommendations of where improvements can be made and which locations need to be considered for future business.
* travelling between the Hong Kong and China business to assess the organisational structure and what skills gaps are there and where changes need to be made. This will be over both a short and long term period and would involve a deep analysis of the business and performance.
* working on other adhoc projects such as office relocation's, looking at all areas involved. This will not be limited to just these projects but anything that needs to be project managed.
Overall, you will be working for the GM on projects that he suggests but also coming up with your own ideas and initiatives to really add value at a senior level.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be excellent at project management and have a diverse background of working on multiple different business areas and have worked with stakeholders at all levels across the Asia region. With a track record of success, you will be able to turn your hand to any area and have the ability to get buy-in from project teams that do not usually report into you. Other requirements include:
* an individual who has developed rapidly through an organisation and can show project success at all levels; highly diverse and able to put in clear time lines for each project.
* ideally a background in Sourcing and Supply Chain within the retail sector and Footwear would be a real plus. You will have worked in best practice companies and come with a great reputation in the market.
* highly analytical but with great interpersonal skills, you will have the flexibility to work across Hong Kong and China and the SEA as required due to the Global nature of the business.
* fluent in Chinese and English.
You will have a background of success and be able to articulate this success.
What's on Offer
A highly visible role int he business which will be looking across all aspects of the sourcing business. An opportunity to work on a multitude of different projects and really help the company to continue to call.