Director of Strategy - Manufacturing - Northborough, MA
Opportunity to take lead role in a firm's Strategy/ Corporate Development space
Reporting directly into CEO and COO
About Our Client
My client is a rapidly growing manufacturing technology company, who are based in Boston's MetroWest. They have an extensive array of propriety technologies, and have recently secured exclusive contracts to supply some of the worlds largest and reputable automotive manufacturers, amogst others. Sustainability is HIGH on their agenda.
They are going through an incredibly rapid rate of expansion. They have grown organically over the past two decades and are in line with this growth, have created a new position to spearhead their corporate strategy responsibilities.
Reporting directly into the COO and CEO, the Director of Strategy will develop and execute strategic initiatives for the firm. The Director (or Senior Director) will work alongside the firm's existing leadership team to identify, plan and action successful and timely execution of projects and initiatives that support their existing business operations. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead and support multiple strategic initiatives
- Organize cross-functional teams and external resources to develop and implement actionable plans in support capacity expansion, strategic partnering, and asset optimization goals
- Conduct rigorous market and financial analysis on strategic questions and propose specific recommendations that will enable the executive management team to make sound decisions
- Proactively identify, develop and support initiatives that advance strategic objectives of the Company in order to enhance the customer experience, achieve process improvements, enter new markets, and grow the business
- Participate in formulation of business strategy, including commercial strategy, product strategy, technology strategy, and competitive strategy analysis
- The role does not currently manage a team
This is a pivotal role at the heart of a rapidly growing and impressive business, with a bright future ahead. The role can easily act as a strong professional foundation and has unlimited headroom and scope for development over the longer term.
This opportunity is retained and exclusive to Michael Page Boston. Please submit your resume on the link provided and it will be reviewed within 24 hours. Should your profile be deemed suitable, you can expect to hear back from us promptly.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA (preferred but not essential)
- Strong experience in corporate strategy, general management, and global operations (essential)
- We are open to candidates who are either consulting, or in-house.
- A proven record of leading and influencing cross-functional teams to gain alignment, resolve conflicts and deliver results.
- Strong leadership, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, contractors, and stakeholders.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive Long Term Incentive Plan/ equity/ stock plan (upon completion of probationary period, not immediately upon commencement)
- Competitive benefits plan
- 401K plan
- Sensible flexible work arrangements, within reason.
- Opportunity to work in a high caliber team of like minded, successful and driven professionals
- Marlborough/ Northborough/ Boston MetroWest working location