Director Supply Chain Management
Take a key role in developing SCM strategy
Take ownership of regional operations
About Our Client
Our client is a global Healthcare company, well established in their market. They are a research-led organisation and have strong growth forecast for the near future.
- Lead and develop the customer operations and distribution for the Japan market
- Provide strong leadership, guidance and development on all aspects of a highly functioning customer delivery operation
- Lead department projects and guide the execution of innovative processes and demonstrate the ability to drive complex and innovative cross-functional change.
- Advise department management and help define optimal solutions for the Distribution and Customer Operations teams
- Drive the necessary actions to ensure successful launch of new products, line or market extensions
- Responsible for coordinating team activities and managing large scale projects. Drive the development and execution of detailed project plans for department and cross functional initiatives
- Support global supply chain management in determining how to leverage key organizational capabilities to implement and execute critical, long-term strategies consistent with overall goals and objectives to ensure the optimization of standardization of best practices.
- Monitor programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery, customer satisfaction and the effective and efficient operation of the department.
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate should have extensive experience in strategic and customer operations, distribution, supply chain and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage external partners. Strong cross-functional team work experience, implementation management and understands the challenges in the Japan market. Is a proven business process and solutions-oriented leader who can provide strong leadership in a fast paced, continuous changing environment and growing organization. Has strong verbal and written communication skills (both Japanese & English), is a team player and drives for results.
- 10-15 yrs leadership experience in customer operations and distribution, including cold chain distribution
- A solid understanding of pharmaceutical channel management, trade customers and hospital customers
- Proven capabilities in managing emergent, complex, logistical situations
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with opposing opinions; work in cross functional environments.
Excellent negotiator and team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
What's on Offer
- The opportunity to drive strategy for Japan and take ownership of the entire Supply Chain responsibilities
- Drive operational change, and implement new processes
- Flexible working environment, with the ability to fully control your work schedule