Director of Tax Research & Policy - Start Up - REMOTE
Working 100% remote at a Tax Software Start Up
Can be based anywhere in USA
About Our Client
My client is a US based, SaaS firm that helps tax and accounting professionals grown and scale their business to tremendous levels. They are a trusted and respected national brand, with well-known industry experts at their helm. The specialize in education, SaaS and tax planning and wealth management.
Main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Daily monitoring of dozens of industry influencers, legislators, and tax reporters on a daily basis to determine upcoming changes to tax policy and prepare real-time briefing reports to our internal team and community of tax and accounting professionals that cover tax planning and compliance implications.
- Review new federal and state regulation (TCJA, FFCRA, CARES, Covid Relief, ARP, Biden Proposed Tax Plan) and complete analysis packages on our product suite (tax planning software, content for tax & accounting firms to create advisory services out of new legislation for marketing, sales, service delivery.
Develop complex tax planning strategies with full research to support them:
- Must be able to research tax planning strategies with limited guidance and prepare calculations and case studies. For example, review the R&D tax credit and it's calculations for federal and over 30 relevant states. This research should be sufficient to share with the product, tax, and engineering teams to implement into our core products.
- Write tax focused newsletters for use on company newsletters, blog, and use for our clients (tax and accounting firms) to keep their audience up to date on new tax changes
- Review 100% of our released tax planning content for accuracy including IRS and court case references (software, blog, newsletters, training material).
Apply today using the link provided and your resume will be considered within 24 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and completely remote work environment.
- 5+ years experience or training in tax, economics, public finance, public policy, political science, or government policy.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication and writing skills, with experience researching and writing about tax policies.
- Ability to work well both independently and with a team, often on tight deadlines
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of MS Excel and GSuite.
- Articulate and concise in both written and oral communication.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Tech-savvy (experience with picking up new tech apps)
- Ability to shift between tasks with ease
- CPA certificate, EA, JD or LLM highly preferred.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary / OTE
- Unlimited PTO Package
- 10 Company Holidays
- 100% Paid Medical Benefits
- Company equity (Participation Units)
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- 100% Paid Health Insurance
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Maternity Leave - 8 paid weeks
- Paternity Leave - 4 paid weeks
- $1,000 Home office reimbursement
- Paid virtual workouts with a personal trainer
- Special life event gifts
- Care packages when sick
- Holiday Raffle
- Referral Bonus
- Education Bonuses