Director of Trust Services (Bermuda)
International Opportunity - Bermuda Based - Tax efficient location
Growing trust business-Senior leader post-Business Development Responsibility
About Our Client
International Financial Services business.
The Director of Trust Services (Bermuda) will be tasked with -
- Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management of the trust book of business in Bermuda and related jurisdictions
- Manage and enhance good relationships with clients and intermediaries, thus grow revenue
- Subject matter expert for wealth and estate planning solutions (trusts, private trust companies, foundations, investment and special purpose vehicles)
- Ability to conduct presentations and training internally, externally and overseas to clients and intermediaries
- Communicate and present cross-border estate planning solutions for clients, including trust structure and fee proposals to existing and prospective clients and/or their intermediaries
- Daily supervision of the Trust Services Team, and oversee their training and development in line with their performance objectives and financial targets
- Good understanding of Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and other offshore market legislation and regulatory environments
- Informed knowledge of global trust and wealth planning rules, especially FATCA and CRS legislation and the reporting requirements
- Sound ability to review and provide proper guidance on trust financial statements and investment objectives and guidelines
- Attend to and assist with the new trust formation and dissolution of client entities
- Demonstrate strong financial awareness and performance against budget/targets.
- Lead and be responsible for the team structure, resourcing, and managing change
- Help drive core revenue growth and profitability across the business and be responsible for department costs and budgets
The Successful Applicant
The Director of Trust Services (Bermuda) will be based in Bermuda or looking for a long term relocation to the jurisdiction, supported by the company.
The successful applicant will also possess -
- Minimum of 10-15 years' experience having managed large and more complex client relationships in a client-facing or business development role
- A Common Law degree is preferred with a minimum of 10 years' post qualification experience in a private client or trust environment
- Holds relevant technical qualifications, STEP preferred
- Sound knowledge of wealth management, such as financial markets, investment structuring, asset protection and portfolio management
- Demonstrated track record of success in building a market competitive and profitable Family Office Services platform, together with depth of experience and understanding of the operations needed to maintain and lead the platform's growth and profitability
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with strategic planning experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including presentation skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Bonus tied to personal performance + Relocation assistance + Benefits