Division Controller - Automotive Tier 1
Global Automotive Tier 1 and 2 Supplier
Highly visible role reporting Division President with 8 manufacturing plants
About Our Client
Our client for the Division Controller North America opportunity is a global automotive Tier 1 and 2 supplier.
The Division Controller North America will be a key leader on the executive leadership team, and be responsible for the leadership, direction, and management of the North American finance and accounting team. The Division Controller will oversee all accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, as well as advise the business and leadership team on long term strategic financial strategies. The Division Controller will report to the North American Executive Vice President and dotted line to the Global CFO. This role has responsibilities for the NA division including 8 manufacturing plants.
- Provide executive leadership in the continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives and offers recommendations to enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Responsible for timely, accurate and consistent reporting of financial information, including full monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- Provide leadership and oversight for all accounting team members at headquarters and multi plant locations
- Actively participate in Executive Management Team meetings; provide updates relating to Financials and other areas of responsibility.
- Establish and report against KPIs for the business
- Responsible for preparing the annual 3-year business plan
- Ensure accounting policies adhere to Group Policies
- Preparation of timely and accurate tax returns, proper management reporting and cost accounting, capital planning and assessment
- Treasury- improve company's cash conversion cycle and accurate cash forecasting
- Oversees the organization's risk management including establishing and improving internal controls and procedures
- Responsible for the company's Information Technology function including the company's ERP system and the IT technology used for enabling business efficiency
- Personnel evaluation and/or development of a strong accounting and finance team
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required
- MBA and/or CPA/CMA highly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of professional in accounting and finance within the automotive industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience is a Sr. Financial Leadership position with multi plant responsibilities
- International experience highly preferred but not required
- Ability and proven track record working with various departments - sales, finance, accounting, HR, engineering, manufacturing, etc.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing operational improvements to increase revenues, decrease costs and improve cash flow
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications and products, business intelligence systems
- SAP highly preferred
- Business minded and strong team player mentality
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and high attention to detail with a passion to win and positively influence a company culture
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $160,000 - $175,000, bonus, car allowance $600 a month, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays. Being a part of a growing and innovative company with a sit on the North American leadership team.