- Excellent long term career opportunity
- Market leading manufacturer
About Our Client
ACO Technologies plc
ACO Technologies plc (ACO) is a market leading construction products manufacturer and solutions provider. They are a subsidiary of the family-owned company, headquartered in Germany. The ACO Group has presence in over 40 countries, with 30 production sites on four continents and a global workforce of 5000.
In the UK ACO Technologies plc is a market leader in the manufacture and sale of surface water management technology, and operates with two main divisions: Water Management and Building Drainage. They offer high quality and innovative solutions for a significant number of applications including civils and infrastructure, airports and docks, building and landscape, retail and commercial developments, residential developments and internal building drainage.
ACO Technologies plc is the largest international subsidiary, and a significant contributor to the Group in terms of sales and profitability, in market strategy development, and process and product innovation. They were awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Innovation, twice. The business has a very positive relationship with its parent company, with continued support for their investment and growth programme.
To help it meet this ambitious growth plan, a major investment and expansion project at its head office site in Shefford, Bedfordshire, is in progress.
This new role of Divisional Sales Director for the Water Management Division is part of the realisation of ACO's growth programme.
The purpose of this role is to grow trust and create a basis for partnerships that will supply the customer with expert advice and excellent service, and the Company with early access to specification resulting in the successful conversion of orders through national and regional contractors.
Engaging with consulting engineering and contracting companies this role will create and strengthen existing relationships based on expertise and early involvement, contributing to the ambitious growth programme. This requires the Divisional Sales Director to play a key role in connecting at the highest levels in the targeted customers, creating awareness and appreciation of ACO's offering in terms of innovative solutions, expertise, design ability, BIM modelling, customer service and knowledge transfer via webinars and CPD's, filtering through to create early specification for the sales teams via CRM.
Being at the forefront of new opportunities, it is imperative that the Divisional Sales Director maintains a thorough understanding of new product and market opportunities for development of the Division's portfolio of products and services.
This role will be part of the Water Management Commercial Team, which has responsibility for strategy development and execution, and will co-create the strategy for their part of the market, with commitment to the annual budget cycle and the growth programme for the division.
Reporting to the Divisional Managing Director, this position will lead:
· The Specification team England & Wales, consisting of Regional Specification Managers reporting into the National Specification Manager
· The Contractor team England & Wales, consisting of Regional Sales Engineers reporting into the National Sales Manager - Contractors
· The Irish/Scottish Specification and Regional Sales Engineers.
The Successful Applicant
· Ambitious with a strong technical sales drive, business development and sales leadership background within a building/construction environment, a product/solutions specification-based business, ideally experienced in supplying into Tier1 contractors and large regional contractors.
· Commercially astute with a technical mind-set and with an experience and credibility gained within the sector.
· A structured approach to sales leadership with a background of adding value through training, mentoring, coaching and supporting their teams.
· A confident person with a collaborative attitude, who focuses on targets and delivery. A positive communicator whose approach is based on honesty and integrity.
· A strong affinity with CRM (ideally Microsoft Dynamics) and a management style that uses CRM information to inform their decisions.
What's on Offer
Executive salary and package on offer for successful candidate
· There is flexibility on location for the successful candidate as the role will be home-based managing the UK region.