- Economist/Senior Economist with a global TMT business
- economics, regulatory economics, competition economics
About Our Client
Global TMT business
I am currently recruiting for an Economist/Senior Economist with a global TMT business in London. You will be:
- Accountability to the Director of Economics for delivering high quality economic analysis and thought leadership.
- Take ownership of issues where they have economics at their core, leading multi-disciplinary teams and bringing their expertise to bear in an agile way to achieve the best possible outcome for the business.
- Work with other parts of the business to identify key commercial or regulatory opportunities and risks from an economic perspective, applying best practice and innovative thinking.
- Lead the development and evidencing of economic arguments using rigorous competition or regulatory economics logic, as well as financial analysis and economic modelling.
- Provide clear, concise and timely economic advice and briefings to senior management and business colleagues, whether in support of a proposal or to objectively challenge an established position.
- Represent the business in discussions with key stakeholders, including Ofcom and Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and lead the preparation of consultation responses on key economic and financial topics
The Successful Applicant
You will have
- A passion for economics, ability to articulate complex concepts in a simple way and the ability to tailor messages to target audiences
- Past experience in applying economics to commercial and policy issues gained from having worked in any sector within economic regulation
- Past experience in managing the timely delivery of projects on commercial, economic and policy issues (including alignment of internal stakeholders behind key messages and evidence), on time and to an excellent standard
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative techniques which are commonly used in a regulatory, competition law and commercial context
- Excellent drafting, communication, stakeholder management, organisation, influencing and persuading skills
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £95,000 PA DOE plus bonus and excellent benefits