EMEA Deputy Head of Sanctions
About Our Client
As a regulated financial institution, the Bank has a regulatory obligation to establish and maintain policies, procedures, systems and controls to mitigate and effectively manage sanctions risk.
The Bank has operations across the EMEA region and is also as matter of policy required to comply with Japanese and U.S. sanctions, and accordingly must maintain a coordinated sanctions framework. This also enables the Bank to meet its risk preferences and statements relating to sanctions risks.
- To analyse and interpret sanctions legislation with respect to transactions or activities being performed by the Bank within the EMEA region
- To oversee and manage strategic enhancements to the sanctions compliance program in EMEA.
- To oversee the day to day running of the EMEA Sanctions Advisory and EMEA Sanctions Controls and Investigations teams and act as an escalation point for these functions.
- To liaise with and provide guidance to local Compliance teams within the EMEA region.
- To design and develop sanctions training to key stakeholders to ensure they understand and comply with the Bank's requirements.
- Ensuring applicable policies and procedures are maintained and up to date.
- To oversee the design and development of the EMEA sanctions risk assessment and act as a key stakeholder in agreeing remedial action plans to enhance the sanctions compliance program.
- To effectively liaise with and escalate to the Bank's senior management on sanctions matters, where appropriate.
- Contribute regularly to the Global Sanctions Working Group
- Overseeing the design and development of relevant MI which is provided to EMEA stakeholders and relevant management committees as part of established outsourcing arrangements.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience in a sanctions compliance role
- Experience in leading strategic projects and complex investigations
- Experience in dealing with senior managers in relation to sanctions-related matters
- Sound understanding of and relevant experience in assessing EU/UK/US sanctions
- Sound understanding of key sanctions regimes.
- Sound understanding of corporate and investment banking products
- Strong analytical skills, capable of making risk-based assessments under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including when dealing with senior stakeholders
- Experience in writing policies and procedures.
What's on Offer
excellent salary benefits and opportunity.